A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Petway:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Petway is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Petway
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Petway Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Petway, FCCP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Education & Awards
Dr. Petway graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta.
Dr. Petway has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Northside Hospital
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Michael Petway FCCP and MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. James M. Petway practice?
- Dr. James Petway has 1 office location.
Dr. James Petway practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Cumming, GA.
See Cumming Internists, Cumming Critical Care Practitioners, and Cumming Pulmonologists.