A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Petway:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Petway is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Petway, MD, FCCP is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Education & Awards
Dr. Petway graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta.
Dr. Petway has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
- Northside Forsyth Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Petway accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James M. Petway practice?
Dr. James Petway practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Sleep Medicine near Cumming, GA.
See Cumming Internists, Cumming Pulmonologists, Cumming Critical Care Practitioners, and Cumming Sleep Medicine Doctors.