Dr. James Petway MD, FCCP Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 12th, 2017
Good Experience
Wife made me go see this doctor. Didn't want to but him & his staff were great.

November 3rd, 2016
Good sleep doctor
By far the best sleep doctor in the area. I had been to a sleep doctor before. No help, no follow up. This Doctor is very knowledgeable & has great office staff. They have helped me with my problem and to finally get used to my machine. Would recommend him to anyone using or needing a sleep apnea machine. Very helpful. .

March 23rd, 2016
Good experience
Had my first visit with this Doctor last month. The office was great about working me in promptly due to a sudden problem. Had a Follow up visit this week. Very pleased with how things have gone. I would recommend him.

July 18th, 2015
Great sleep apnea Doc
This Doc is really good with sleep apnea. He listened to the problems I was having with my cpap and helped to get me a different type of machine for apnea. It has helped tremendously. I recommend him for sleep apnea. I have no lung problems so can't evaluate him on that area.

July 14th, 2015
My dad recently saw this Dr because he had a suspicious xray.. He was very quick to do further testing and get us a diagnosis. He spend a great deal of time going over the final diagnosis & treatment plan. His staff was very comforting .

April 26th, 2015
Pleased
I am a new patient to this Dr. It was a very good experience. The staff is very friendly. The Dr spent a great deal of time with me to review my problem & work on a plan. My visit was a really good experience. Will be going back to see this Dr.

September 30th, 2013
Delighted Patient
I would recommend Dr. Petway to anyone with breathing or sleep issues. He is thorough, patient, and keen at problem solving. He remembered something I had told him about a family member and asked me about her at a follow-up appointment. It is rare that a doctor shows such humanity. I am shocked when I read the negative comments on this page. Actually, the language and syntax (I am a long-time educator) indicate that four of the comments were written by the same person. I am sure that for this one disgruntled patient, there are hundreds or thousands of pleased patients...like me.

September 29th, 2013
Patient, compassionate, knowledgable doctor
Dr. Petway dramatically improved my life when he suspected that I had sleep apnea and suggested a sleep study. I have been using CPAP now for about eight years, and my quality of life is orders of magnitude better. I used to be sleepy in the daytime almost constantly; now I never feel sleepy in the daytime. Prior to visiting Dr. Petway, there were times when I would doze off in meetings or when driving, and I now feel awake and alert during my waking hours. I am so thankful for Dr. Petway's keen skills of observation, evaluation, and diagnosis. I know that sleep apnea can cause or contribute to all sorts of medical issues, and I am delighted that my sleep apnea is now under control and monitored by an excellent physician. Dr. Petway listens with kindness and patience, and this is rare among doctors today. I recommend Dr. Petway wholeheartedly.

March 18th, 2013
Smart and thoughtful. Solved my problem elegantly.

February 6th, 2009
Petway has not followed up with me on a sleep study performed over 2 months ago.The office staff has taken my messages where I have asked for him to Please follow up with me. I have yet to receive a call.

May 31st, 2017