Dr. James Pinski MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

May 29th, 2012
Drs. friendly, inefficiency is the norm...
I had a common cyst on my back, which had become inflamed and eruptednot a pretty site. I was able to get a next day appt. with Pinski Dermatology clinic the next day. The Physicians Asst. was very nice at working the cyst and packaging it with gauze. I was asked where I wanted my prescription phoned in to, and I stated the CVS at Congress and State. Throughout the late afternoon, I took 2 trips and 2 phone calls to discover that the prescription had never been called in. So, I was left with a pus-filled, gaping hole with no ointment or anti-biotic pills the first day. The Drs office was closed, so I sent an email with the correct information. I received no phone call (other than the robotic call for a Friday appt.) from the office, and no response from the email. I called CVS again at noon, and was told that the prescription was phoned into the CVS at Division and State.Mistakes happen, but I wouldve appreciated a response to the email and/or a sorry about the mix-up apologyI had spent an hour of time during work trying to coordinate this. It also wouldve diffused the situation enough to dissuade me from making this post.Also, the bandage that the low-level assistant applied was peeling off before she left the office. I told the accounts person that I didnt think that the bandage was properly applied; she left to find someone, but came back and told me that the bandage was fine. It took pulling down my shirt to reveal that the upper tape was not even touching my skin.The Friday appt. went well, although the Dr. Sulewski didnt change the packing, as I had been led to believe from the Physicians Assistant. In leaving the office, I again was forced to wait to see the check-out person. I waited 15 minutes to be able to tell her that I already had my next appt. booked for Tuesday.For my final appt. (It was suggested that I come back in 3 weeks, but I feel that I will try another doctor), which was today, May 29, I was present at 10:05 for a 10:15 appt. I sat patiently for 30 minutes before the receptionist asked if Id been seen yet. 5 minutes later, I was in an examining room, but waited an additional 15 minutes before deciding to leave. The befuddled receptionist stared at me, and I was informed by another worker that the doctor could see me now. The exam took all of 5 minutes, and he did apologize.Now, with that said, I dont go to the doctor officethese types of issues may be common practice. But, I view myself as a customer (after all, Im sure that my insurance company is paying big bucks). I absolutely hate inefficiency; plus, Im a teacher and structured my appointments as to not to inconvenience the 30 students waiting for me. I will spend more time in the future investigating what others have to say about a doctor/office before spending money with them.On the plus side, the view from the exam rooms are great (looking over Millennium Park in downtown Chicago), and the art is greatDali prints were hand-picked, and line the waiting room walls. I just wish that I didnt have to spend so much time staring at them.

July 14th, 2016