Orthopaedic Plastic and Hand Surgery

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
by Cynthia Houser on Jul 5th, 2016

Dr. Piorkowski has hands truly blessed by God. Following a catastrophic car accident where my arm was shattered and degloved, Dr. Piorkowski took bold and courageous steps to save my arm. Nearly four months later I am a testimony to that courage and boldness. I am still in OT therapy but dr. Piorkowski is right there with me. His care and concern for his patients is genuine, making each of us feel like we are his most important patient!

by Eli Rosado on May 8th, 2016

Dr. Piorkowski was hands down, thorough and answered any questions i had to reasure me of what was happening . after i came out of sedation, he was there to evaluate my condition . Dr Piorkowski also showed me this huge 3" splinter that was imbedded in my right hand that he had removed successfully. Today my hand is a 100% better, now i can contiue with my everyday life without pain again . Thank You very Dr. Piorkowski , im forever greatful !!!

Hand surgery show details Hand surgery
by Jennifer on Apr 2nd, 2016

My 2 year old daughter recently experienced a very traumatic hand injury where she almost lost one of her fingers. She was treated by Dr. Piorkowski at the Children's Medical Center in Hartford where he preformed surgery and was able to reattach, and luckily save her finger. Any parent can imagine how heartbreaking it is to watch your child go through something like this, and it was a relief to been seen by a doctor with such confidence and sincerity. Dr. Piorkowski continues to impress us with his knowledge, professionalism, and empathy. He has been extremely dedicated to the care of our daughter, following up with us multiple times and has been very accessible to reach for any questions or concerns. Being that my daughter is an active 2 year old, we did have a couple of issues in the days following the surgery. Dr. Piorkowski was always available to contact by phone and even visited our home not once, but twice, to check on her finger! One of the visits was actually on Easter Sunday! House calls are something I thought of as a thing of the past, and this is just another example of how Dr. Piorkowski shows his commitment to his patients. It says a lot about his character as well. Our family is beyond grateful to have met this amazing doctor and although my daughter's accident has been devastating, I feel very reassured to have her in such excellent care. I would also like commend the amazing staff at The Hand Center in Glastonbury, Ct. This medical office treats people of all ages with hand conditions, but they have shown extra patience and kindness towards us, considering my daughter's young age. I would highly recommend Dr. Piorkowski, as well as the Hand Center.

by Defrunkus on Jan 13th, 2016

He was the best doctor I ever had!!!

excellent physician show details excellent physician
by Oliver Lang on Aug 29th, 2015

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Piorokowski. He is the reason I still have a left hand after an accident. He accepted my case after I was turned down by four hospitals within 300 miles of Knoxville TN. He is a most caring individual with an easy bed side manner. He made it a point to check up on me at least twice a day while I was his patient at UAB hospital. I highly recommend Dr. James Piorokowski.

Feb 14th, 2012

Dr. Piorkowski was a very nice, professional doctor during the care of my father. He had a very good bedside manor and a kindness about him. He performed, what was described to us by many doctors, a very difficult surgery on my father. The surgery involved reconstruction of my father's left groin area following an exploratory surgery which took much of the thigh/groin muscle. Dr Piorkowski performed the reconstruction his groin by using the abdominal muscles to cover exposed vessels. He was very meticulous in my father's care post surgery and as well as later in his treatments.

Great Doctor with a brillant future show details Great Doctor with a brillant future
by Anonymous on Aug 27th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

It is hard to express how impressed my son and I are with this doctor. Dr. Piorkowski is talented, enthusiastic, creative and forward thinking. Afte ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com