A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Plotnik:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Plotnik, Pedfiatric Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Plotnik, FACS, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
Education & Awards
Dr. Plotnik graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Plotnik has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Banner Desert Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Plotnik accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 2 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 23 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 7 plans
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James Plotnik practice?
Dr. James Plotnik practices Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, and Surgery near Scottsdale, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Casa Grande, AZ and Phoenix, AZ.
See Scottsdale Ophthalmologists, Scottsdale Pediatric Specialists, and Scottsdale Surgeons.