Dr. James Policy MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Emeryville, CA

July 3rd, 2013
best doctor for Orthopidics
The most thing that is memorable about this doctor is that he really cares about his patients, always on time, helpful, always willing to help. I had James for ten years as a doctor at children's hospital in Oakland. He did the surgery on my spinal and he did a wonderful job. I will never forget what I went through, but now I don't have any problem and my spinal never hurts since that big surgery I had at age 12 and now I'm 25 years old going to University College. I would really recommend him to all the kids that need an Orthopedics doctor:) THIS IS THE BEST DOCTOR!!!!!!

November 10th, 2012
adisa
Best doctor for Orthopedic I ever had.

September 10th, 2012
First class surgeon and doctor
I cannot say enough good things about Dr Policy. My daughter shattered her elbow and was referred to Children's Hospital Orthopedic Dept because of the severity of the break. Dr Policy performed a difficult surgery to reconstruct her elbow and I feel he did a great job. Her scar looks better than expected and her arm has healed nicely. He's a caring man who takes time to answer your questions to your satisfaction. I would recommend him to anybody.

August 28th, 2012
I have been taking my daughter to Dr Policy since she was diagnosed with scoliosis. He has been great and my daughter really likes him. The results have been fabulous.

June 21st, 2012
Love this doctor!
We've been with Dr Policy since our daughter was 3 months old and she's now 8. He's SOOO very good with her and with us. You can't get better anywhere!

May 23rd, 2012
Dr. Policy specializes in pediatric spinal surgery. Our child's experience with this surgeon was not good. Our child should have been referred to another center with more experienced surgeons. The best surgeons are those that recognize the limits of their abilities. When a surgeon's ego exceeds his skill level, the outcome can be devastating.

March 23rd, 2011
Dr. Policy was our child's back surgeon and we regret that decision. From one visit to the next, the plan kept changing and he seemed to have very little or no recollection of what the plan had been at the previous appointment. Perhaps he does not take adequate notes. We recommend you go elsewhere.

June 28th, 2009
Highly recommend Dr. Policy. Not only is he a talented surgeon, but he is a very nice person.

August 24th, 2008
Spinal fusion success story
My daughter was diagnosed with Scoliosis at eight years old by her doctor and referred us to Childrens Hospital in Oakland. There is where we met Dr Policy who did a complete spinal fusion on my daughter at the age of 15. Her spine condition had become agressive when she hit puberty and she needed surgery. Dr Policy performed the 11 hour surgery with ease. My daughter is now 19 years old, never has a painful moment and lives a completely ordinary life. Dr Policy is kind, patient, professional and an expert in his field. Thanks Dr Policy!