Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  acting below the standard of Care after hamstring lengthening surgery  |  show details
by Concern grandfather who loves his granddaughter on Oct 24th, 2013

After My granddaughter's Bilateral Hamstring lengthening surgery there was no follow up, my granddaughter received below the standerd of care from Dr.Policy his abandonment after the procedure was unfounded and unprofessional by failing to call back after we went to the emergency many times due to high levels of pain in my granddaughters legs. And months after he still failed to see us by appointment, but had a heated discussion with the grandmother at Children Hospital during her rehab from the surgery. There's much more...

|  best doctor for Orthopidics  |  show details
by Adisa Sefic on Jul 3rd, 2013

The most thing that is memorable about this doctor is that he really cares about his patients, always on time, helpful, always willing to help. I had James for ten years as a doctor at children's hospital in Oakland. He did the surgery on my spinal and he did a wonderful job. I will never forget what I went through, but now I don't have any problem and my spinal never hurts since that big surgery I had at age 12 and now I'm 25 years old going to University College. I would really recommend him to all the kids that need an Orthopedics doctor:) THIS IS THE BEST DOCTOR!!!!!!

by Molly Simpson on May 22nd, 2013

I would give Dr. Policy 10 stars if there was a place to do so! He saved my sons life. He did a Spinal Fusion on my son this past November 2 days before his 16th birhday. 12-13 hour procedure, one of his most challenging he's had he says. My son had a curve of 180 degrees plus, and now he's a 45. He is in absolutely no more pain and smiles every single day!! One of the hardest decisions we ever had to make was putting him through this kind of surgery knowing the risks were so high with his condition, but boy am I glad we did!! 6 months later and he is now getting back on horses!! I owe this man my life! Thank you Dr. Policy!! Incredibly talented man. :)

|  adisa  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2012

Best doctor for Orthopedic I ever had.

|  My Daughter Shelby Ausman  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

My daughter at age 15yrs. sever scoliosis, Dr.Policy did her surgery in April 2011. This man never spoke in Dr's term he always made sure you knew what he was talking about. I was so scared about my daughter going under and this man made made me fill she was in good hands before,during and after surgery. I rate him and his staff #1. Thank you so much Dr. Policy :-)

|  First class surgeon and doctor  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Policy. My daughter shattered her elbow and was referred to Children's Hospital Orthopedic Dept because of the severity of the break. Dr Policy performed a difficult surgery to reconstruct her elbow and I feel he did a great job. Her scar looks better than expected and her arm has healed nicely. He's a caring man who takes time to answer your questions to your satisfaction. I would recommend him to anybody.

Aug 28th, 2012

I have been taking my daughter to Dr Policy since she was diagnosed with scoliosis. He has been great and my daughter really likes him. The results have been fabulous.

|  Love this doctor!  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

We've been with Dr Policy since our daughter was 3 months old and she's now 8. He's SOOO very good with her and with us. You can't get better anywhere!

May 23rd, 2012

Dr. Policy specializes in pediatric spinal surgery. Our child's experience with this surgeon was not good. Our child should have been referred to another center with more experienced surgeons. The best surgeons are those that recognize the limits of their abilities. When a surgeon's ego exceeds his skill level, the outcome can be devastating.

Mar 23rd, 2011

Dr. Policy was our child's back surgeon and we regret that decision. From one visit to the next, the plan kept changing and he seemed to have very little or no recollection of what the plan had been at the previous appointment. Perhaps he does not take adequate notes. We recommend you go elsewhere.

by a mom on Jun 28th, 2009

Highly recommend Dr. Policy. Not only is he a talented surgeon, but he is a very nice person.

|  Spinal fusion success story  |  show details
by Stephanie Carafa, Sonoma California on Aug 24th, 2008

My daughter was diagnosed with Scoliosis at eight years old by her doctor and referred us to Childrens Hospital in Oakland. There is where we met Dr Policy who did a complete spinal fusion on my daughter at the age of 15. Her spine condition had become agressive when she hit puberty and she needed surgery. Dr Policy performed the 11 hour surgery with ease. My daughter is now 19 years old, never has a painful moment and lives a completely ordinary life. Dr Policy is kind, patient, professional and an expert in his field. Thanks Dr Policy!