James M Porcelli, MD
Internists
Video profile
9655 N. Tamiami Trail Suite 102 & 201
Naples, FL 34110
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Great Naples Doc!!!!  |  show details
by Bill C. on Feb 12th, 2014

When you meet a doctor like Dr. James Porcelli, 2 things are recognizable in his traits; trust and integrity. I have been going to him for 9 years here in Naples and he has not only been a caring thoughtful doctor; he has been a honest understanding doctor who takes his time to understand your needs and issues. I would recommend him to people who are interested in being healthy and care about their health on a on-going basis... Bill C.

|  Good Doctor but staff cannot be tolerated!  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Porcelli's for a couple of years and have to say that everytime I visit, I get the itch more and more to make the change to a new doctor. Porcelli is good but his office staff is terrible to deal with - there is always new faces and just down right rude! I think it's time for me to find a new doctor!

|  Can't get past lousy staff to see good doctor  |  show details
by Sorry to be an ex-patient...Staff 90% responsible on Nov 14th, 2013

I saw Dr. Porcelli for years. My last appointment was made 6 weeks in advance. I checked in 10 minutes early, and was told he might run a few minutes late because he was giving someone an injection. The new staff tried to sell me a weight loss package that included injections twice (different staff members) while I waited. After an hour passed (50 minutes after my appointment time), I checked with the desk again, because I had another appointment. I said that I was told the doctor was giving an injection. Another woman working there informed the receptionist that the patient was getting Botox and Juviderm, so it might be even more time. I was there for my annual physical. I told them I did not have time to wait, and would have to reschedule - they told me that it would be at least another six weeks. Nobody even apologized. This was not the first incident. The prior one was when I went to his office for a preop, and the staff failed to send the results to the surgeon, until I threatened - using the Patients' Bill of Rights. They had the results for 5 working days prior to faxing them to the surgeon's office. Also, Dr. Porcelli is an excellent diagnostician, but I have been misdiagnosed by two of his P.A.s, one of which diagnosed me as having the flu when I had colitis and it resulted in an ER visit and hospital stay two days later. I find it hard to believe after this much time that Dr. Porcelli would be unaware of his staff's attitude and negligence. He also seems to be more interested in giving Botox, fillers, and weight loss injections than tending to his longtime loyal patients. It's a shame that this caring doctor doesn't seem to anymore.

|  show details
Aug 26th, 2013

I've been a patient with Dr. Porcelli for several years. He stopped accepting my insurance about a year ago so I was forced to find a new primary care physician. After receiving excellent care from Dr. Porcelli, all four of the doctors I've seen since fall very short. I am now returning to Dr. Porcelli, paying out of pocket to get the quality care I've come to expect. He is caring, has an excellent bedside manner and is an overall excellent MD. I agree with previous comments regarding staff. They have all changed in the year I've been away and leave much to be desired but he is worth the frustration of dealing with them.

|  awful staff, great doctor  |  show details
by Sandra on Apr 17th, 2013