A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Powell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Powell is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Powell
Severe Persistent Asthma Patient Education Our severe persistent asthma patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for relief of asthma symptoms.Before Visiting Dr. Powell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Powell, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Education & Awards
Dr. Powell graduated from Pennsylvania State University, Hershey.
Dr. Powell has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James R Powell MD is a male Pediatrician, has 19 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James R. Powell practice?
- Dr. James Powell has 1 office location.
Dr. James Powell practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near State College, PA.
See State College Pediatricians and State College Oncologists.