Dr. James Powers, DO

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  To many unecessary appointments.  |  show details
by Nelson Jantzen on Nov 25th, 2013

He kept making us come in for my wife's mild case of macular degeneration every couple of months., Taking pictures, scaring her to death and running up all kinds of bills. She finally went to St. Luke's Eye center & they took the tests & said they did not have to see her for a full year unless she has a problem. We feel this is unethical & causes the patient much fear.

|  Very, Very Happy  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Powers approximately 4 years. Shortly after being diagnosed with Graves Disease while in Texas, I had to undergo surgery 3 times to correct complications due to the disease. It was a lengthy, painful process necessary to maintain my eyesight. I returned to Florida concerned about finding a highly skilled Opthamologist that could monitor my vision appropriately...I found Dr. Powers and his staff to be very proffesional, friendly, accomadating and great at following up care. Dr. Powers always shows a great deal of compassion and respect to all his patients. He has been very considerate and overwhelmingly capable, performing procedures to resolve problems that were compromising my sight. I can see better now than prior to my diagnosis! Considering that I am in this for the long haul...my lifetime, I feel very fortunate to have found such a knowlegeable doctor I trust completely and can speak to freely. Thank you Dr. Powers!

Oct 8th, 2012

Dr. Powers and his staff are spectacular111111111111I love all of them!!!!

|  Watch your wallet  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2012

This office over charged my visit. After my insurance company notify them, they admit it. But,they will not return the over charged money after over 20 times phone calls and couple of times their promises.It's already more than 10 months. And, they didn't fix my eye problem.

|  Quality Care and Professionalism  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Powers since April 2005. I've received nothing but excellent, professional and courteous care from him and from his staff. I had tears in both retinas, though at different times. They were discovered initially by my regular optometrist who referred me to Dr. Powers. So, no, I don't feel I've received any unnecessary treatment as one reviewer feels was his/her case. In fact, I've asked Dr. Powers about removal of the floaters I have in both eyes. He could have had me booked for invasive eye surgery and made $$$, but his medical advice was to not go that route unless the floaters worsen over time to the point that I find them too bothersome. I work in health care and the rule of thumb for us is to seek care from the physicians that other physicians and their families see. Would I recommend Dr. Powers? Absolutely I would and have done so many times.

Nov 3rd, 2011

He is a great Doctor I love Him and his staff recommended to everybody.

|  Dr. Powers  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

Dr. Powers diagnosed me with macular degeneration after looking at photos and giving me an eye test. He said that I immediately needed to have a shot in my eye when I was still seeing well without my glasses. I left his office panicky and scared and went for a second opinion at St. Lukes, they stated that I had the beginnings of dry macular degeneration and offered me a DNA test to help ease my mind. The MDs there seemed much more knowledgeable than this quack.

|  Dr Powers Is A Great Eye Doctot  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

My only negative comment is I most often have to wait too long past my appointment time to be seen....but the expertise offered by the doctor and the staff is excellent.

Jul 28th, 2011

Rude staff and waited too long, wanted me too come back every other week.

|  James Powers is Great, but...  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

I have to say that I've gone to Dr. Powers for years, and found that he is a great and wonderful Doctor; he understands my needs, and has helped me with some challenging eye problems, however, there is a down side to his practice. Dr. Powers allows his brother to run the practice; his brother Peter Habib looks like a bad caricature of a seventies night club goer, his shirt is unbuttoned nearly to his navel, his hair is slicked back, and his suits look as if they were bought second hand from a used car salesman. He is also incredibly rude, I've heard him talking to office staff, and have no idea why the man has not been sued yet for harassment of the verbal and sexual kind. I truly feel sorry for Dr. Powers because he has a wonderful practice that is being held back by a blithering idiot, who ruins more business transactions than he creates. It truly is a pity.