Dr. James Pritchett MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2016
Hip Resurface procedure
My experience with Dr. Pritchett and staff was excellent. All were very informative and caring. Everyone would answer any questions I might have and did an excellent job of informing me of each step of my care at the hospital and at home. I recommend Dr Pritchett and the Swedish hospital staff to many customers I see in my profession. I thank all of you for helping me to be mobile and pain free.

August 11th, 2016
Hip Resurfacing
Dr. Pritchett and his medical assistant did a great job. I had a hip resurfacing and I healed ahead of schedule. I look forward to getting back to the multiple sports I enjoy and really appreciate how thorough they were both pre and post surgery. Truly an good experience and excellent outcome.

August 6th, 2016
Hip Resurfacing July 2016
I had a hip resurfacing performed by Dr. Pritchett at the end of July, 2016 and I couldn't be happier with the experience and outcome. I live in Northern California and, based on a number of criteria, I decided to travel to Dr. Pritchett / Seattle to have the procedure done there rather than using a local surgeon. The reasons for this were primarily 1) the number of hip resurfacings that Dr. Pritchett has done (over 4,000) and his ability to match the device type with the patient's needs. This is a somewhat more specialized and technically demanding procedure compared to a normal hip replacement and so I decided that the extra hassle of travel was worth it in the end. Dr. Pritchett is clearly very skilled and he has a very high success rate with low complication rate for this procedure (this gave me a lot of comfort!). I ended up spending one night in the hospital (Swedish Orthopedic Institute). Have to say that I was really impressed by all the care givers I met along the way and their dedication to my well being. While I was nervous about having this done, it was incredibly reassuring to see how professional all the staff was. I'm still on the mend from the procedure (about 11 days out now), but I'm now walking several miles a day without crutches and only taking tylenol for pain. The level of pain now is about the same, or perhaps slightly less than before the surgery, but the trajectory is now very different without noticeably improving every day. I just did my post op visit with Dr. Pritchett (10 days) and everything looks great. Overall, I am very happy with my decision to go with Dr. Pritchett and can completely recommend him without reservation!

July 25th, 2016
Jim may not be the most talkative but he answered every question I had. I'm an OR nurse and his skill way outweighs his bedside manner. He is without a doubt one of the best - period.

September 24th, 2015
Excellent results except for ongoing numbness. I can walk with no complications. Busy guy.

August 27th, 2015
Dr.P is an expert in total joints from conservative treatment to surgery. I highly recommend him!

August 4th, 2015
Dr Pritchett is the Best Knee Surgeon!
Dr James Pritchett did an excellent job with the surgery, a medial meniscus repair. My right knee (that he did) healed much faster and much better than my left knee, which was done by someone else. I have been able to continue to bicycle, 2000 miles in 2014 and so far about 1600 miles in 2015. All without knee trouble. What do you want? You want a capable, excellent surgeon. This is the guy!

May 29th, 2013
Excellent knee surgeon
Dr. James Pritchett is an excellent, no nonsense surgeon who does very well what he gets paid to do: fix your knee! I have had two (RH & LH) very similar medial meniscus repairs over the past 2.5 years... and both were done by different knee specialists. I won't name the other surgeon, because he also did a good job, but Dr Pritchett's surgery on my left knee resulted in a faster recovery, less pain and almost no swelling. I was only on crutches less than two days. Both knees had medial meniscus tears, fraying and thinning. Both also had bits to clean out. My LH knee had a cyst as well. I am four weeks post op, and I went bicycling this past weekend over 24 miles without trouble. Remember, we aren't paying these guys to chat... we are paying them to help our knees get better.

April 17th, 2013
Very quiet Top Notch Surgeon
If you're looking for a warm, fuzzy Marc's Welby MD this is not the doc for you. Dr. Pritchett is truly a man of very few words. OTOH if you are seeking a top notch Otto surgeon with decades of experience in his field, a record of pioneering procedures, and the skills to put you back together, this is your man. I am writing this as I lay in the hospital about 15 hours post hip revision surgery. This is the best surgical outcome to date and I am now on number three between two hips. Pain is negligible without painkillers, motion is excellent, and I feel far less beat up than with the prior two hip surgeries. And hip revision is a 'specialty' in the ortho world, not everyone does it. Want someone warm and fuzzy to talk to try your dog or cat. Want someone to fix you up, see Dr. Pritchett and leave the small talk at home. Oh yes, and ignore the whiners here who complain about not enough talk, they need dogs or cats, not a top surgeon. Surgeons do not get paid to spend all day talking. There are shrinks for that.

April 30th, 2012
Dr. James Pritchett is my hero for many reasons. I am due for surgery next week, and so far he has treated me with the utmost kindness and care. I've waited almost a year and a half to get my new hip, and I have total confidence in Dr. Pritchett to get the job done!!

April 11th, 2012
Don't go there
Dr. Pritchett barely interrogated or explored me. He immediately asked for an MRI without any clinical assessment. I went to a different, excellent clinician afterwards and I confirmed I didn't need an MRI, and I have fully recovered from the problem I had. On top of that, Dr. Pritchett didn't ask the typical courteous questions ("How are you?") and he didn't even say goodbye or asked me if I had any questions before he left the room.It was a waste of my money and time. Terrible clinical and social skills! Dr. Pritchett clearly needs an update of his medical education: patient-provider communication is paramount!

November 26th, 2011
Two resurfacing in six months
First hip resurfacing went great. Second hip resurfacing never felt right and after six months of complaining and being ignored I sought out a second opionion. Dr. Pritchett blamed it on my lumbar spine problems. I never had pain my left hip until the hip resurfacing. He discounted my pain and judgment. Yes, he is a surgeon, but made me feel life I was completely wrong. Susan in the offic is his stooge and lacks giving a patient the confidence, communictation, and understanding they need for recovery. A patient is not just a hip; they are a whole person.