A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Puklin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Puklin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Puklin, MD, FACS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 9 Areas, including Bacterial Eye Infections, Diabetic Eye Disease Diabetic Retinopathy, and Eye Diseases.6 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Puklin graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Puklin has 28 hospital affiliations:
- Oakwood Heritage Hospital
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Puklin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James E. Puklin practice?
Dr. James Puklin practices Ophthalmology near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Taylor, MI and Warren, MI.
See Detroit Ophthalmologists.