A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Puklin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Puklin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Puklin, FACS, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Macular Degeneration
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
Education & Awards
Dr. Puklin graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Puklin has 29 hospital affiliations:
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Puklin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James E. Puklin practice?
Dr. James Puklin practices Ophthalmology near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Taylor, MI and Warren, MI.
See Detroit Ophthalmologists.