A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Purtill:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Purtill is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Purtill
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Purtill Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Purtill, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Purtill graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Purtill has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Virtua Camden
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Joseph Purtill MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James J. Purtill practice?
- Dr. James Purtill has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Purtill practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Marlton, NJ.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.