A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Purtill:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Purtill is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Purtill, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Genital Warts
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Sports Medicine
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Education & Awards
Dr. Purtill graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Purtill has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Virtua Voorhees
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Purtill accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James J. Purtill practice?
Dr. James Purtill practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Voorhees, NJ and Marlton, NJ.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons.