A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Purtill:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Purtill is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Purtill
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Purtill Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Purtill, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Purtill graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Purtill has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Virtua Camden
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Joseph Purtill MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James J. Purtill practice?
- Dr. James Purtill has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Purtill practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Marlton, NJ.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.