A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Andrews:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Andrews is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Andrews, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arm Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Cartilage Diseases
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Sprains and Strains
- Tendon Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Andrews graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Andrews has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Gulf Breeze Hospital
- St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Andrews accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James R. Andrews practice?
Dr. James Andrews practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Sports Medicine near Birmingham, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Gulf Breeze, FL and Pensacola, FL.
See Birmingham Orthopedic Surgeons, Birmingham Family Physicians, and Birmingham Neurologists.