Dr. James Berry Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Berry?

March 10th, 2016

Terrible service, and overcharging for medical records' release!

Dr. Berry prescribed a medicine for arthritis; it made me dizzy. I contacted the office several times; never got an answer. I set another appointment, saw him and explained the problem. He prescribed something different. I took it and felt dizzier. Called the office and left several messages; finally spoke with his assistant and she told me to get something over the counter. The pharmacist told me it was an anti-acid! I called the office back, many times, and explained I had no stomach problem but DIZZINESS; they never contacted me back. I decided to see another doctor; this new doctor needed my records. I requested the records and was told the cost was $35.96 for 3 pages plus 2 x-rays. The State Medical Board of Ohio sent me an updated ORC 3701.742 fee schedule; according to it they could not charge more than $13.41! I argued for two days with them, even faxed the fee schedule. I went to the office and they would only release my records because I would pay $13.41 and not $35.96! I asked the lady at the reception (who was not at fault) to tell Michele (office manager) that I had the cost from the OH Medical Board. When I got home there was a smug message in my answering machine, that Michele would “let” me “have” the records for the $13.41. It is outrageous to pay to see a doctor, have difficulty receiving decent treatment/getting in touch, then being treated as if they are doing you a special favor. Shame on the Sandusky Orthopedics/Rheumatlgy office, their doctors and administrative staff!

July 1st, 2013

Great FIX

Dr. Berry did a total revision on my left knee 4-2012 having had the knee replaced originally in 3-2009 by a different surgeon not connected with Sandusky Orthopedic. Sadly, the original knee was put in crooked and was giving me a lot of other problems,,,,,,,,my foot, hip and back because I was not aligned properly. My leg actually seemed to be growing my crooked as time passed and was very noticible, even in long pants. Dr. Wong, who replaced my right knee 5 months earlier, recommended Dr. Berry for my revision. What a great job! Surgery went very well, pin was minimal, healing and PT progressed quickly, and soon I was back to normal activities. Thanks to Dr. Berry's skill and expertise, now my leg is a straight as an arrow after 3 years of problems. My foot is still a problem because the arch was crushing due to the crooked position of the knee. However, I know Dr. Berry will be able to correct my foot problem when I am ready for that. Excellent job!

February 21st, 2013

advanced carpal tunnel syndrome

very professional and staff,caring, fast and very pleasant

October 27th, 2012

very happy with my new knees!

I had both knees replaced at the same time and very happy with the results!

November 10th, 2016