Surgical Specialist
2275 Deming Way
Ste 180
Middleton, WI 53562
(608) 417-8500
Locations and availability (3)

|  Office Manager/Prairie Dental  |  show details
by Susan E Lewis on Apr 25th, 2013

What knee replacement???? That is how I feel. I had my total knee done 6 mths ago and you would never know I had anyting done. I was walking so bad & I was becoming knock kneed, Dr Bower fixed all of that, so I walk straight & feel great! All of his employees are great & very understanding, smypathetic, & helpful......Would & have recommended to all or anyone I see that needs surgery!

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Kenneth Klein on Apr 24th, 2013

I had Dr. Bowers for knee replacement. I feel what makes it so successful is the pre operation procedures which happen before the procedure. He and Jeff talked about exercises to do before the procedure. Jeff is also great. I also lost weight in preparation for the operation. Because of horrible weather conditions my wife could not make it to the Meriter to pick me up. Instead I took a bus home. Believe or not that was two days after the total knee replacement. Dr. Bowers is great and even better if the patient prepares for the operation. I saw patients of other doctors who complained of pain and couldn't wait for visitors to bring up some sweets to maintain the over weight status which didn't help their doctor. You will not find a better doctor then Dr. Bowers. What amazed me was how he was up to date on the newest of procedures and materials. By far he is the doctor we hope to have and the splendid recovery is due to the quality of Dr. Bower's expertise.

|  What a great doc!  |  show details
by A happy recipient of two new knees on Jan 16th, 2013

I love everything about Dr. Bowers and his right hand man, Jeff. I had two expert total knee replacements and fantastic follow up care. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  He's worth the trip...  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

I had my first hip replaced at Lakeland Medical Center in Elkhorn by Dr. Bowers. When it was time for the second hip replacement, he had moved to the Madison area. I didn't hesitate a minute...my second hip replacement was done at Meriter Hospital, and I feel like a young person again:) He's an amazing young man with excellent skills!!

|  show details
Sep 2nd, 2011

Very caring, explains everything in a way that you can understand. Does not rush through appointment. Bedside manner is great. He came in every morning while I was in the hospital. His assistant also checked in and reported to Dr. Bowers. The staff in his office are pleasant and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone needing the services that he offers.

|  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

I was treated with respect and he made sure that I understood everything that was going to happen.He He and his assistant were checking on me everyday while I was hospitalized.He worked very well with my primary doctor, as I am a high risk patient and I require changes in medication before and after surgery. I could not have asked for better care.

|  Top Gun for Knee surgery  |  show details
by Marilyn Irvine on May 20th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Bowers by a friend who had knee surgery by him. My first visit was with Dr. Bower whom, I found extremely down to earth was very informatable. He fully explained the procedure and what I could and couldn't expect. I had a follow up appointment with his PA, Jeff Everson. I found Jeff to be just as down to earth and as Dr. Bowers extremely caring and made you feel special. Originally I had schedule a total knee replacaement of my right knee with Dr. Bowers and then decided if I could I would rather opt for bi-lateral total knee replacement. His examination of me determined that I would be a candicate for that as he only does a handful of them a year. I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION. The only thing I regret about my surgery is that I waited until I was 66 years old to do it. Had I met Dr. Bowers 10 years earlier, I would have had it done then. He is an awesome surgeon and even when I was going to PT after surgery, one of the PT's told me although they can't and don't say negative things about doctors they can and do say good things about them. Her opinion was Dr. Bowers was a great surgeon, one of the best. I couln't agree more. It is now 6 months later and I am doing things I though I would never do again in my life time. Thank you Dr. Bowers and Jeff Everson.