A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cowan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Cowan is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cowan graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville.
Dr. Cowan has 6 hospital affiliations:
- East Orange General Hospital
- Columbus Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Cowan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James Cowan practice?
- Dr. James Cowan has 3 office locations.
Dr. James Cowan practices Psychiatry near Newark, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Jersey City, NJ and Ridgewood, NJ.
See Newark Psychiatrists.