A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cowan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Cowan is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cowan
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cowan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cowan graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville.
Dr. Cowan has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Columbus Hospital
- East Orange General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James R Cowan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 42 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James R. Cowan practice?
- Dr. James Cowan has 1 office location.
Dr. James Cowan practices Psychiatry near Ridgewood, NJ.
See Ridgewood Psychiatrists.