A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Demarco:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Demarco is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Demarco, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Demarco graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston.
Dr. Demarco has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Roper Hospital
- Bon Secours-St Francis Xavier Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Demarco accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans