A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Downey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Downey, Urologist, Surgeon is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Downey
Urge Incontinence Patient Education Urinary incontinence patient education guide covers all aspects concerning overactive bladder diagnosis and treatment options.Before Visiting Dr. Downey Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Downey, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
Education & Awards
Dr. Downey graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Downey has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James R Downey MD is a male Urologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Urology.
- Where does Dr. James R. Downey practice?
- Dr. James Downey has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Downey practices Urology near Mountlake Terrace, WA.
Additional practice locations include: Ketchikan, AK.
See Mountlake Terrace Urologists.