Dr. James Higgins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Higgins?

February 1st, 2017

Excellent Doctor!!! you could not fond a better Doctor.

January 24th, 2011

How is this going to lower my blood pressure?

First let me say Dr. Higgins did get my blood pressure under control. Then he recommended an angiogram to better know the condition of my heart. OK, except now I am HIGH RISK and can't get insurance, even though the angiogram turned out well. He put me on blood pressure medication that was costing me $300.00 per month,(no insurance, remember) I have since gotten another doctor to prescribe generics (costing me $30.00 Per month). He then wanted to do chemical stress test a few years later, I had gotten high risk insurance ($600.00 per month) and told him, fine if it was covered by my insurance, turns out the procedure would have been covered as Dr. Higgins told me it would be, had it been done at a hospital and not in his office. $3200.00 for 45 minutes in his office. Now he has sued me for the balance resulting in a total cost to me of $4800.00. Dr. Higgins is a good Cardiologist but he has no concern for your financial well being, so watch out for your billfold and double-check with your insurance company in person, don't let Dr. Higgins tell you the procedure he wants to perform will be covered by your insurance. I made that mistake, and now will probably lose my home as the garnished wages don't leave me enough to pay my house payment for the next six months, think my mortgage company will understand??? Oh and I get to cancel my high risk health insurance, again, thanks doc.

December 30th, 2010

Very Personal and Professional

This was the first time I had an appointment with Dr. Higgins and I live about 1.5 hours away and I left early and when I arrived at the office, I found from the front desk clerk to the medical assistant to the P.A. and student and lastly Dr. Higgins, was the best experience in a long time. Everyone made me at ease, and explained all in great detail. I would highly recommend him to anyone else who needed a cardiologist.

November 1st, 2010

MK

Initial waiting time to see tech or Dr. is usually good. Wait time between techs or while doing procedures is sometimes longer but seems to be typical for this type of care. Wouldn't trust my heart to anyone else.

September 18th, 2010

Highest Recommendation

Dr. Higgins cared for my parents throughout their heart health problems for probably 20+ years. He is the most professional, expert cardiologist that they ever had; we always had complete confidence in his diagnosis, treatment and surgeries. He is unique in the medical field...highest class! If I ever need cardiac care, I'll be at his office immediately.

June 25th, 2010

NEVER GOT TO SEE THE DOCTOR!

Had an 2:30p.m. Appointment, drove 3 hours one way to see Dr. Higgins. Waited an hour and half in the waiting room,finally got in a room, waited in there for another 45 minutes, then seen a "STUDENT" not a "PA" or Dr. Higgins, but a "STUDENT" who didn't even know anything, she read my chart, "I already know what's in there, I brought it" then was told I would have to reschedule was not going to be seeing Dr. Higgins, He had already left for the day. Then the receptionist wanted me to get all kinds of labs drawn somewhere else, because his office doesn't have a lab in it, and then have the lab results faxed to his office. Very "UNPROFESSIONAL", If my heart and health is not important enough for him to take the time and get re-established as one of his patients, then he doesn't need my business.I am just sorry I took a sick day off of work and that my insurance will probaly be billed for an office visit, when I really didn't get an office visit. I didn't get any answers, or get to see Dr. Higgins, just some "STUDENT" that didn't know anything.

June 7th, 2010

Good Dr.s are hard to find!

personable, professional and caring.However, GETTING an appointment is like pulling teeth. Dr. Higgins needs to address the staff with this.I like the Doctor. and that says it all.

December 25th, 2008

Excellent Dr.

We feel he is the best in his field.

September 24th, 2017