A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Holmes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Holmes is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Holmes
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Holmes Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Holmes, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Holmes graduated from Michigan State University , East Lansing. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Holmes has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
- Saint Joseph Mercy Saline Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Robert Holmes MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James R. Holmes practice?
- Dr. James Holmes has 3 office locations.
Dr. James Holmes practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Ypsilanti, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Ann Arbor, MI and Canton, MI.
See Ypsilanti Orthopedic Surgeons.