A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Katz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Katz is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Katz
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Katz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Katz, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Katz graduated from University of California at Los Angeles.
Dr. Katz has 4 hospital affiliations:
- St. Vincent Medical Center
- Marina Del Rey Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James R Katz MD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. James R. Katz practice?
- Dr. James Katz has 1 office location.
Dr. James Katz practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Internists and Los Angeles Cardiologists.