Dr. James Long MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2017
Finally Gave Up
After a year and a half and seeing three different Physician's Assistants I'm done. You will likely never see Dr. long. Normally just a PA and in only a year and a half I saw three different ones. For whatever reason they keep leaving the practice. The treatments are overly conservative. The staff is nice and friendly and the wait times are not bad. So if you just need a checkup or have a cold you're fine. But if you're looking to establish a Doctor/patient relationship...well it didn't work for me.

April 20th, 2017
My Dr. is always attentive, wise, thorough, kind.
Through many years of trying to help a patient with multiple issues he has always looked for the less obvious answer. He is a great man and Dr.

December 31st, 2016
The best care.
I was Dr. Longs patient for over 13 years. I have moved away. to far to continue seeing Dr. Long. I have sorely missed him and his wonderful staff.

April 30th, 2015
Most thorough doctor I have ever seen. Really takes the time to listen to you and treat you.

January 5th, 2014
A true Physician
My experience with Flower Mound Family Physicians has been really great. I find it easy to call and get an appointment which normally that day or the second day at the most. When I started with Dr. Long at least 10 years ago, he personally took my heath history. Not one of his nurses. He is extremely detailed in his examinations and documentation. He is very straight forward, if you are obese, he tells you if you smoke, he tells you the consequences. I did not think that he was demeaning, but was truly concerned about my health. He is excellent in diagnosing a problem and when he sent me to a specialist, the specialist was happy the Dr. Long already had me on the correct medications and the correct tests had been done. I would recommend this Physician to anyone. His staff has always treated me well and always professional.

July 28th, 2012
I would only go when you have an appointment. When you are really sick and want to see them you can't get passed the receptionist. You will end up at the care now facility. This has happened twice and both times my child was truly sick with strep throat and a double ear infection. The sad part is they turn you away at the door as others are willing to trade appointments.

October 15th, 2011
Condescending and uncaring!
Terribly unfeeling and condescending--terrible doctor for the family. Dr. Long just going through the motions to make a living!

July 7th, 2011
Makes too many glaring mistakes.

March 5th, 2011
Listens and Cares
Detailed and an excellent diagnostician.

November 11th, 2009
surprisingly excellent
i find it difficult to find a medical professional i can trust. i made an appt for Sarah Valor, the PA in Dr. Long's office, and immediately was thankful. she listened to everything i said, thoroughly looked over all my records, thought through ideas and options, and even thought outside the box. Sarah is attentive and knowledgable and thoughtful and thorough. she talks with me about my health and includes me in decision-making. although she is young, she is grounded and she is not afraid of what she doesn't know - she is not arrogant and does not present herself as a know-it-all. she sees children above the age of 3 (i think i remember the age correctly) and i will begin taking my school-aged children to see her rather than taking them to a pediatrician.

August 7th, 2009
He is really good in diagnosing your problem.

December 22nd, 2008