Dr. James Nelson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Nelson?

Posted on April 23rd, 2011

I research doctors like mad with my first child. I was going through the entire pregnancy alone with a deployed spouse and no local family. Dr. Nelson was GREAT!! Answered any questions I had like I was talking honestly to someone I knew for years. My husband flew over about the time for the ultrasound and he was very inclusive as my husband had never met him or had any experience with a pregnant wife.The couple weeks preseeding delivery, things kept changing concerning if my husband was going to be allowed to be here. I, being a fairly composed person, got teary eyed as I thought about going through the labor and delivery without my husband. In my teary embarassment he kindly handed me a tissue and told me that not to feel bad because horemones get the best of us at this stage. It was nice to feel validated.He really pushed for me to get in a day or so early if I needed to be induced so that my husband woul not be sent back before the delivery. Yet he did a great job of honestly educating me as to why not to be induced too soon. Thankfully, I didnt have to be induced.As he knew the likelihood of my husband not making it, he told me, "If there are 4-5 girlfriends or family you want there for the delivery that is fine."I had one girlfriend there at the time of labor and delivery. She has comment on a few occasions how gentle he was during the delivery. I never even know he used forcepts.During labor my sons heart rate dropped and Dr. Nelson and the American Fork hospital staff were amazing! They put things in place to monitor my boy and Dr. Nelson rehersed to me the situation and informed me that they are prepping the OR for a C-section, if needs be. But he would left me push for a bit as long as it was safe. He told me that he was calling in the respitory staff (that set up there in the room)to take my son right away to make sure he was ok as soon as my son came out. I LOVED that he constantly talked to me about what was happening and what may happen!By then I was so exhausted that I didnt think I had anything left to push. I was fortunate that I didnt end up having to have the C-section, but I can frankly say that I was completley confindent if that was the route we had to go. I recall that after, as he was finishing things up how much the hospital staff seemed to get along with him.I was so impressed by the hospital staff!Dr. Nelson came and checked on me often and when my husband finally arrived from Iraq, after 5 days of travel, he was very understanding of sharing information and making my husband aware of things.After my sons birth some months later I was having some health concerns that seemed to start right after. I went in, and Dr. Nelson, sat with me and looked at all the concerns I had and all the possibilities and gave me some referral options. I turned out fine, but can see now where I didnt give myself enough time to heal and was overdoing everything.I am recently back in Utah now at 31 weeks with my second child, with a deployed husband again, who will most likely not make it back, again. I would perfer to go back to Dr. Nelson, with this child too. But sadly the distance will now appear to be an issue.

Great Doctor

Posted on March 11th, 2011

Pro's and Con's

Posted on September 11th, 2009

I felt that Dr. Nelson is skilled and I trust his medical judgement. The wait time in his office is generally pretty short and it's easy to get your appointment of choice. The doctor who delivered my second baby made Dr. Nelson look like an angel. On the other hand, I felt that Dr. Nelson gave his patients preferential treatment based on his personal judgement of them. He often made harsh comments to me about other patients - it made me uncomfortable and I felt that it was unprofessional and inappropriate. His biggest problem, though, is definately his staff. On more than one occassion, his medical assistants asked ME for answers to medical questions/definitions. And his icy receptionist always gave me the impression that she really resented dealing with...well, everyone.

Posted on November 28th, 2008

This was my 6th child i had one still born so i was very paranoid and instead of being sympathetic,as soon as i hit 37 weeks dr nelson said he was tired of me and wanted to induc me the next day (sat) things didnt go well nd after an emergency c section(all my kids were vaginal) he came in the room and told my parents and my 12 yr old daughter " for a beached whale i did pretty good" this has been he worst experience of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on December 23rd, 2015