Overall Review

3.4

August 4th, 2016
OUT FOR THE MONEY
I've been a patient for Dr Nichols for over 2 years due to recommendations from friends. I am very proactive with my healthcare and aggressively practice preventive medicine. I supply my own blood work 2-3 times a year and do annual physicals with Dr Nichols personally each year. I am in excellent health and have no issues. I take the lowest dose of Lipitor - 10mg. Despite being in great health, no issues and HAVING DISCUSSED THIS SPECIFIC ISSUE WITH NICHOLS and NICHOLS STATING TO ME - NO PROBLEMS - my refill for LIPITOR was REJECTED because his office insists on me coming in every 6 months for a "check-up" to refill my RX. Waste of my time, the doctor's time, other patients time and MY MONEY. Despite supplying blood work indicating my cholesterol and other metabolic parameters are in complete control. MUCH MORE INTERESTED IN MAKING MONEY vs working proactively with his patients on preventive healthcare. Switched to an internist that is much understanding and willing to work for the best interest of my health and not HIS POCKETBOOK.

January 4th, 2016
Primarily this doctor is only interested in money and how much they can charge your insurance. I have been a patient only six months here and looking for a new doctor. He appears to care but then once you get in you quickly realize everything is about money and prescriptions. To get a refill is a doctor visit, to get a question answered is a doctor visit, to get lab results over the phone is a visit where other doctors will just give them to you over the phone. He is also a health nut and tries to push his starvation diet on you while trying to say he makes no money off of it. If owe them even a small balance beware your care deteriorates. I do not recommend.

May 28th, 2014
Outstanding service.

March 11th, 2014
Great service with a smile
I recently moved back to Ahwatukee after being in Scottsdale for a couple years. I was in need of a new PCP here. I have some rare and some difficult to treat health conditions that have sent me into many different doctors offices with a range of specialties. This has given me a unique perspective on the inner workings of each individual practice and the staff that keeps it working efficiently...(or not). Dr. Nichols and his entire staff are at the top of the list for all of the reasons that are important to me as a busy working professional. From day one I found Dr. Nichols' practice to be incredibly accommodating. They make it easy for me to schedule appointments around my needs. I don't think I have ever had to wait more than 10-15 minutes to get into a room where I have always been immediately triaged with the doctor in the room very shortly after. Every single member of his staff has always been courteous, from the receptionist through triage, from labs to the doctor himself. I am always addressed in a courteous manner by name, which is important to me. It’s that type of personal touch that turns me into more than just a number. The doctor is always focused on my needs. He listens to me and I feel like he really cares about my well being. Another HUGE +. He spends as much time as I need, he answers all of my questions and addresses issues and reviews my chart before entering the room so for most of my visits he is answering questions before I have a chance to ask them. Dr. Nichols is respectful of my time as I am of his. That goes for any doctor’s office. Due to my many visits to numerous doctors I have watched as other patients drain every last minute out of doctors, which inevitably is going to put the doctor behind schedule no matter how much time they leave between patients. That's a huge pet peeve of mine. Come on people. How much time can it possible take? You can't possibly have that many questions. I refuse to be the patient that holds up the line for everybody else. It’s like when there is an accident on the highway in the opposite lane of traffic but everyone has to slow down and gawk until eventually traffic comes to a dead stop and you're not even traveling in the same direction of traffic as the accident. That's a pretty good analogy right? Does that make sense? That's not to say that I haven't seen plenty of doctors that stack patients to collect as many co-pays as possible either but I Dr. Nichols does not appear to run that type of practice. I simply never have to wait excessive amounts of time there. Additionally, compared to other practices I visit I don't feel like our relationship is based on money. They make me feel like it’s about maintaining quality of life and extension of the same. Dr. Nichols has certainly raised the bar and renewed my faith in regard to patient/doctor relationships. At any rate this practice gets my complete endorsement for all around top shelf quality of care. And NO. This is not a paid endorsement nor am I in any way affiliated with this practice outside of the doctor/patient relationship. Wait a minute. Do you think I could get paid? Blessings and best of health.

December 24th, 2013
Dr. Nichols does not listen to his patients nor does he want to spend any time listening to the entire story or answer questions. I have met many other intelligent people, besides my wife and I ,and they have switched from Dr. Nichols to another doctor as well. He is very arrogant and is convinced that he is right. He has very unilateral, dogmatic thinking.Test needed to be done that were not performed and on more than one occasion a misdiagnosis was given. If you value your health, then do not go to this doctor. Even some pharmacists at our local Walgreens questioned why a particular drug was being ordered and this raised our suspicion of the inaccuracy. Other doctors reviewed blood work at the hospital and commented on how particular tests should have been performed and how certain medications never should have been prescribed.

January 29th, 2013
Terrible experience. Cant get refills unless i see the dr. Lab work everytime i visit. Office staff is horrible to work with. No convience for people who work fulltime. Left me without much needed meds that i cant be without. Until i could arrange my schedule and take time off

July 25th, 2012
amazing dr and staff
Dr. Nichols has the perfect mix to make him a truly wonderful Dr. He is extremely knowledgable and he listens with a very caring heart. At every visit he always makes us seem like we are people not just another riddle to solve and make better. He gives us information in a language we can understand and explaines what the best course of action will be in a comforting manner. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful, smart doctor with a caring heart. His staff are all very welcoming every time I call as well. Couldn't thank this doctor enough for all the help he has given to myself and husband in the few years we have been with him.

June 1st, 2012
Wouldn't trade him for the world
I am not one for doctors or believing what they say. I do like Dr Nichols because he has always listened to me. He does not sugar coat things with me and he does not push drugs. I believe he is truly interested in my well being and not how much money he can make. I would not trade him for the world. I don't care how long I wait to see him, because I know I am getting really great care. Something our health system needs more of. When I arrive for my appointment they might not take me back right away, but I know it's because he is giving his full attention to the person before me. Just as he will give me all the time I need. So if you are on a time budget and just want a bandaid, don't see him, cause he is going to really take the time to know you and treat your medical needs.

April 20th, 2012
Dr Nichols
Was very arrogant. Dr thought he knew everything there is to know about the medical field and was unwilling to accept my beliefs on Kinesiology. In fact he seemed offended and ended my visit abruptly without showing me results to my MRI. Also, unwilling to accept medicare as payment for weight loss program. Said I must pay out of pocket for fees, so I was unable to buy product or see the dietitian any longer. What should it matter as long as he gets his money.

April 17th, 2012
My Way or the Highway
Agree with the previous review about Dr Nichols not having time for his patients. He seems to be multi-tasking much of the time and only seems to want to give quick opinions without taking the time to really listen to you. He also seems to have a very low opinion of medical specialists (even those he sends you to) and often contradicts their medical advice...sometimes making disparaging remarks about them in the process. He is very opinionated, confrontational and sometimes unprofessional in the way he conducts himself. Dr Nichols also seems to want you to make mutiple appointments to accomplish simple tasks like get new precriptions for existing meds (limits you to just 3 meds per visit...you need to make another appointment if you need additional prescriptions re-written). Very inefficient and costly for patient and the insurance. Staff was great but Dr. Nichols is not.

April 13th, 2011
Please avoid
Dr Nichols has clearly taken on too many patients. He has little to no time to spend with each one. He is in and out of the room within 5 mins. On several occations he was typng on his phone while I was explaining symptoms and he often responded with sometime totally different than what I was saying. Calling the office will almost always result in a transfer to a voicemail, and then never returned. While Dr Nichols seems to desire to care for his patients he simply does not have time. My diagnosis was completely different from that of a different Dr. who took the time to ask the right questions and more importantly listened to my responses.

July 18th, 2010
I found Dr Nichols after my previous doctor treated me like a Fed Ex package instead of a patient. I was new to the Big City and thought maybe they were all like that here. Dr Nichols proved this otherwise. I was a bit frustrated by the wait, but was told this was because the doctor likes to spend as much time with his patients as they need. Since then, Ive been seen by the doctor on his day off and after the office closed. He has always proven to be a great listener and makes sure he has met his patients needs before he leaves them. And his staff are all (almost) as great as he is!! SUPER office; great doctor! Thanks to all of you!