Dr. James Parker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

September 28th, 2015
Go somewhere else
Was told at appointment that if I wanted to actually see the doctor that it would be another 2 weeks (frozen shoulder for me, lots of pain), or that I could see the PA, Joe. Both times saw Joe. Felt like I was in an assembly line, with them going through the motions to satisfy my insurance company. Not once showed or spoke to me about the xrays or mri. And, forget about getting pain medicine....they think your a druggie if you ask for it....they even check your urine for drugs on your first visit. After 2 visits......I fired them.

June 16th, 2015
Staff was very unhelpful and refused to give names. Staff refused to assist with elderly mother and refused to make needed phone calls.

April 2nd, 2015
Heartless sociopath
Dr Parker is a non-caring sociopath who has no interest in anyone's life but his own. If you think you are his priority you are sadly mistaken. The only person he truly cares for is himself. There are many choices in Amarillo to see for a Dr. Do not choose him

January 30th, 2015
Like running cattle through a chute. Only concerned about the money. Really gone downhill the last two years. Becoming a brand that has lost its way.

October 3rd, 2014
Bad Doctor
Dr. Parker should not get away with all the harm he has done to his patients! I have gotten an attorney and am starting a malpractice claim. While replacing my husbands shoulder, he broke his humerous bone due to excessive pressure. He tried to fix it with metal plates, screws and rings. It didn't work and 3 months later my husband had to have surgery to fix the sloppy job Dr. Parker did. Unfortunately we let Dr. Parker do the repair since he is the one that broke it! I still had hope in the Doctor. I was so WRONG!!! This 2nd surgery didn't work and let my husband in extreme pain and malformation of his upper arm and shoulder. My primary Doctor has put my husband on morphine and other drugs to try to give him some relief. This has been a nightmare...One of major things that also bothered me was that Dr. Parker didn't even wait around to tell my husband that his arm was broken. The Doctor left me with informing my husband about it. Dr. Parker's PA told my husband that they had also sliced into a nerve and that they were worried that my husband would windup with Balls Palsy. Communication with the office was such a poor quality. Most of the post op appointments were with his PAs. The Doctor has a problem with being honest and feels he is above having to deal directly with the patient. I miss my husband....he is now in so much pain that his personality has changed. Run in the oposite direction if anyone refers you to this Doctor. Just don't give up if you are a previous patient....there are Attorneys in Texas that will take you case.

August 20th, 2013
Dr Parker Should Not Be Allowed To Preform Surgery.
Dr Parker will gladly operate on you, and then never see you again, or even talk to you on the phone. If something goes wrong, the people in his office will be the only ones who you will have contact with. They can't even properly remove sutures. They got only 17 out of 24 removed. Read his reviews. Sure wish I would have taken the time to. He is the only orthopedic surgeon in Amarillo to score below the national average in all eight categories.

March 25th, 2012
VERY POOR STAFF, THE DOCTOR IS VERY FRIENDLY HOWEVER HIS STAFF IS POOR, UNORGANIZED, AND UNPROFFESIONAL