Orthopaedic Surgeon
9301 N Central Expy
Ste 500
Dallas, TX 75231
214-220-2468
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

|  Strogly recommend NOT going here  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

My daughter was sent to Dr. Sackett look at a possible gangelion cyst and minor bone density issues on her ankle. First of all, the office told us our appt was at 9 (turns out it was at 10) but they lied to me to get us there early so we could fill out the mountains of paper work. I typically get to an appt 15 min early so our wait was 1 hour 15 min. Apparently after talking to the other patients, this is standard practice. When we finally got back to talk to the Dr,. he wouldn't even make eye contact and suggested we drill on my 14 yr olds ankle to stimulate the bone growth. When I asked if there were other alternatives, he said that is what we needed to do (at this point, with the opulence of the office, the many staff members, all the stations of fee payments etc I was wondering if an unneeded surgery might be paying for his yacht). Needless to say, I planned on getting a second opionion. So we had to go through 2 more stations to exit. Dr. Sackett had suggested we get an MRI. I questioned the cost of the MRI to the office lady and she confided in me that it was way overpriced here ($3,500 vs the $500 I paid at a local imaging place). I guess this is just another way he chooses to get more kick backs in fees. Well, I was so angered by the overpricing and obvious lack of patient care, that I forgot to take my xray with me (that was on CD). So I called to ask them to mail me my CD. They mailed me a CD but it was of some guys hand! I didn't find this out til my second opinion visit and that was another complete waste of my time since they couldn't even look at the xray. I guess the only thing good that came from this experience is they said they would pay for my second opinion appt. I would NOT recommend this office for anyone as I feel they are totally motivated by money and I would never trust this Dr. with my daughter's well being. (As a side note, turns out my chiropractor fixed the ankle jam and lack of circulation in her ankle.) They had way too many patients to keep up with everyone. Way too big of a practice to offer any individual care. This is a prime example to me of what is wrong with American medicine these days. Profit runs the product, it's just sad that the product is people's health and well being.

|  Life Long Patient  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2010

Dr. Sackett is the best Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon I have ever seen! He has been my doctor since i was 5 years old (I have a bone disease) and I am now 23. He is the best doctor i could have ever asked for. He is continuously ranked as a top doctor in Texas, and I know of patient that travel hours just to see him!

|  would not go back!  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2009

I was very disappointed with Dr. Sackett, his staff, and his facilities. I would never take my daughter back there! First of all, there is NOTHING pediatric about this place and I laugh that Dr. Sackett is a pediatric doctor because he was horrible with the kids. When I first got there they needed to weigh my child in case they needed to sedate her for surgery. Because she had a broken leg she could not stand on a scale....it was as if they had never weighted a child with a broken leg before because they couldn't figure out how to do it. Eventually they decided to weight me while was holding her and then weight me again while i put her down and subtract...it was wierd! Secondly, the patient room is basically one big room with a bunch of Dr. beds in it. This is obviously not good for little kids because my daughter was scared enough as it was and then she had to sit there and watch other children screaming while they got their cast on and off....this did nothing to help her out and calm her nerves when it was her turn.I think I was most upset with Dr. Sackett himself. He was very rude and short with me....barely even having time to tell me what was wrong with my child. He basically came in, told me she needed a cast, and then left. I had to call him back in to ask him questions. He then told me there was a chance my child's leg could grow crooked and if it did "it wasn't his fault"....ummm, ok?!? He didn't feel the need to give me any more details or statistics on this pretty major issue! Finally, during my follow up visit when my daughter was suppose to get her first cast off and her second cast on Dr. Sackett came in with her x-rays, told me her leg healed great and gave me the directions on how to take care of it at home. I was thrilled she didn't need to get another cast on....only to find out as we were leaving that he had the wrong patient the whole time. He was giving me the report for a different patient!!!!!! Could you get any more unprofessional and any more of a liability than that!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND DR. SACKETT!!!