A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Spears:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Spears, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Spears graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Spears has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital,Troy
- Harper University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Spears accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Humana - 7 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 13 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James R. Spears practice?
Dr. James Spears practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Hamtramck, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Dearborn, MI and Rochester, MI.
See Hamtramck Internists and Hamtramck Cardiologists.