A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Spears:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Spears
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Spears Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Spears, MD, OD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Spears graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Spears has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Harper University Hospital
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Richard Spears MD and OD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. James R. Spears practice?
- Dr. James Spears has 8 office locations.
Dr. James Spears practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Rochester, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Detroit, MI and Dearborn, MI.
See Rochester Internists and Rochester Cardiologists.