Dr. James Wright III MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 4th, 2017
He is a great Doctor!! I went through TMS therapy when nothing else would work and I got my wonderful life back!
Awesome Doctor. Would recommend to anyone needing a psychiatrist!!!

April 21st, 2017
Good doctor who asks the right questions.
Dr. Wright is a solid psychiatrist who wants to help his patients whether or not that means they need medication. A lot of psychiatrists only see medication as the solution. Not the case with Dr. Wright who seeks genuine solutions for long term recovery.

April 11th, 2017
He fell asleep & staff is RUDE.
He fell asleep while I was talking to him. I feel like he never listened to me because his eyes wouldn't meet mine. He was looking my way but I had to repeat things several times. The staff-disorganized, forgot to answer faxes from my pharmacy which led me to going to the ER. They NEVER answer the phone. They have been rude to my husband and I by informing us that if we didn't pay a 25.00 balance that my appt would be canceled, I would be fired as a patient & my account would go to their collection agency. Wow! My husband called on the weekend and his answering service tried contacting Dr. Wright and he never returned any of my calls. I was suicidal and in a dark place. Beware. I felt like a number in the last couple of years.

December 16th, 2016
DO NOT GO!! Nurse Practitioner is ONLY a RN! STAFF IS RUDE!
Ive been a patient for 2 years. I was seeing Jeanete who represented herself as a nurse practitioner. After many visits & always feeling like she would throw medication at me, I did some research. She's not even a nurse practitioner as her cards, door & staff says she is. THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW to misrepresent herself! I saw other patient charts laying around. Front desk staff named Tanya, should be fired. She was rude to me several times I called. She refused my refill & I had an appt within the week. I had major withdrawals and almost took a handful of pills because I didn't want to live once I started feeling the withdrawal of NOT having my medication. jeanete gave me her cell # but would never respond to my texts.She spent our appts cussing and complaining about the office staff. All of their old staff is gone and they were the ones who were caring. The new staff is awful. I started with the doctor & he was the most unresponsive man I've ever met. DO NOT GO!

November 17th, 2016
Excellent psychiatrist

October 18th, 2016
Great office!
I have seen Jeannette(PA) at Dr. Wrights office for 3 1/2 years. The staff is always professional and friendly. The best thing about this office in general, and Jeannette specifically, is that instead of throwing medication at the problem she listens, asks questions and gives thoughtful options. Remembers and asks about other members of my family as well. I am bipolar and have been on the same meds for 10 years, with adjustments throughout the year. Jeannette realized that one of the meds I have been on is one of the reasons I have such a hard time in the summer. One of my sons has seen Jeannette for the same amount of time, and she was able to get the correct meds for his ADHD; as well as diagnose him with an emotional disorder which has changed the way he deals with life in a very positive way. Another of my sons sees Dr. Wright and really likes that he listens to how he's feeling. If you're looking for a psych doctor, this is a great one to try!

October 18th, 2016
Unorganized staff
My son was a new patient. The appointment was made about three weeks in advance. On the day of the appointment, I took off from work and got there 45 minutes before the appointment time. It was then the staff told me my son was not even on the appointment book. There was a another patient in the slot that was scheduled for my son. It took a while for the staff to confirm that yes, they had paper confirming the time and the appointment for my son, it just that maybe it was accidently deleted from the appointment book because they had to move some patients around. In fact, the staff indicated it happened to other patients as well. I guessed she was trying to make me feel better. If you are a new patient, I think you should know about their financial policy before making that first appointment. This is what it says in the policy: ..."If you are a NEW patient and you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you will be charged $250.00 and will have to reschedule. If you are an established patient and are 5 minutes late to your appointment, you will need to reschedule and be responsible for a MISSED APPOINTMENT. This amount MUST be paid BEFORE another appointment is scheduled. NO EXCEPTIONS." If you are late by 15 mins - $85, 30 mins - $130, 45mins - $175. So how did the staff solve my situation? I was sent home with a second appointment in the following week. Will the appointment still be there the next time I come in? I don't know. There was another patient came in after me, after he told the staff his name, I heard the staff said something "no, not happening again.." I left the office frustrated at how unorganized the staff were with the schedules. It was a waste of time for both my son and me especially we had to plan everything ahead, took off from work and got there early. Who will pay for our financial cost visiting this doctor office? Fair or unfair, decide for yourself. For me, if I can give a half of the star, I would.

October 11th, 2016
LIFE ENDANGERING DOCTOR
This doctor's office has several times over prescribed medicines to my suicidal husband that are sedatives. They should be sued for malpractice. DO NOT GO HERE. They are also always late, and negligent of their clients.

October 3rd, 2016
This "Dr" is totally unethical! Don't even consider seeing this one!
My wife and I went to see him about her anxiety problems and he jumped down her throat because she said she has been praying to God to be healed. He said that if she believed God could heal her she wouldn't be seeing a doctor and to come back when we had her history of medications tried. This initial visit was $400 (no insurance). Then when we went to the next appointment my wife's anxiety to see him was worsening every minute of the 1 hour wait until I told the staff we would not be able to stay and wait any longer. It has been three years and we are still being hounded for a no show fee where he was the no show!

September 16th, 2016
Dr. Wright is a great Doctor! He has helped me in many ways. My life has changed tremendously since I found the right medications to be on.....

August 12th, 2016
Love This Doctor!!!
I would like to say how wonderful Dr. Wrights staff is how wonderful Dr. Wright is. Because of going through TMS therapy I have never felt soooo wonderful in my life. Dr. Wright saved my life and I miss going there all the time!!! I do see him every 3 months now though. It is sooo great being depression free.

June 9th, 2016
Staff is inept.
The office that is combative at best. Went to Dr. Wright, off and on, for 20 years. Felt like it was my responsibility to come up with medications and therapy ideas. Would not recommend anyone in his office. #Trainwreck