Dr. James Rainville MD Patient Reviews

3.4

February 28th, 2017
Fake, ignorant and rude.....
I have been in pain for a year and a half. I broke my back, ribs etc. A woman referred me to him.I thought I would give him a try where he was well known. We"ll he"s not what others have told me. On the first visit he was happy and made me feel so positive. Second, he jokes etc and starts giving you the run around. Sending you to PT getting shots after shots etc. He started to get rude brushing me off. I knew that my mother was not getting the right help nor that this Dr was nothing but FAKE. The last time she saw him, He said rudely, sorry theres nothing else I can do for you and walked out of the room as she is crying because he lied and promised her she would be fine by Christmas that was a month before that. She called the office several times , as well as myself. He never even called us back. He doesn't care about anyone. Please do not recommend this poor excuse of doctor to ANYONE...

October 26th, 2016
Being an optimist again
In all my life (73 coming this October) I have never met an doctor like Dr. Rainville. EVER. I was the last patient for the day and I was treated like the first. He was patient, calm and understanding. He spoke to me as if he had all the time in the world. As if all my worries were legitimate. Then he started to talk about the quality of life from within. He reminded me of all the thing that I used to believe in: The power of the mind, the drive to appreciate the things that we do have. When I sat back in my ride I burst into tears. All the negative thoughts, the anger, the frustration- were gone. I will never forget him. I am full with energy and determination. Dr. Rainville did what my surgeon and my own physician didn't do. He gave me back my inner strength.

September 5th, 2016
He is a give star doctor, i have to thank for my ability to walk. His diagnoses was on target he refererend me to an excellent surgeon and Therapy He is my go to doctor i have complete trust in his judgement

November 4th, 2015
Inappropriate and creepy!
Dr Rainville was inappropriate and made me feel uncomfortable. He was flirtatious and creepy and I could not get away from him fast enough!

October 13th, 2015
Do Not Recommend
Basically he dismisses my concerns and belittles my questions about alternative treatments. He is not a compassionate person and gives the impression of only caring about being right, not making his patients better. STAY AWAY

August 27th, 2015
If thete was a 0 rating this would be accurrate. A zero of a dr. On a power high. Abuses his position of athority

June 5th, 2015
Have my follow up apt. this coming week, but so far so good. I'm moving through the pain.

March 27th, 2015
Crazy
Told me nothing was wrong with my back and refused to look at another doctors opinion. Said I don't care what anyone says. You do what I tell you or go see someone else. This guy is nuts. Said it's the nerves that are confused and I need to suffer in pain in order to get better.

March 2nd, 2015
Here, here!! Patient Beware.
I am writing to agree with the recent reviews which describe Dr. Rainville as pompous, arrogant, and I would add bombastic. I saw him quite some time ago but the evaluation was so incorrect it caused me to come back to the site to write this review. Fortunately for me, the bottom of my graduating class opted for medical school and I could tell he was not giving me sound advice. Most likely his evaluation was clouded by some practice perspective with respect to which there is no real clear empirical evidence and many good doctors disagree. I was told my pain was a function of neurons that were not recalibrating correctly and that this had been going on from my teen years and that is why physical therapy has likely been ineffective. He recommended that I continue to exercise and simply accept that my pain would be merely manageable. I followed the exercise advice but sought another opinion and learned that my earlier PT had ignored, as had Dr Rainville, what was saying about the early causes of my pain and the problem was immediately diagnosed. Within three treatments there was improvement and within 6 months I was virtually pain free. Much of my pain was coming from extremely tight psoas muscles due to extreme amounts of athletic activity earlier in life. Routine stretching of these muscles along with exercise has left me virutally pain free.

June 3rd, 2014
What's going on here?
It is interesting to me that earlier reviews of this doctor are extremely favorable and later reviews are extremely unfavorable. What has happened? I saw him in the 1990's and he was quite nice, had a good "bedside manner" and helped me a great deal. I am having problems again and expect to go back to him. If I do, I'll write another review.

January 8th, 2014
I wish I read these reviews before I went. He was totally pompous and insulting. At my ripe old age of 40 he told me my body is deteriorating and my brain needs to catch up and get over it. I am a very active and healthy person who had an injury!! He made up his mind before even evaluating me and his "evaluation" only included takin my range of motion, nothing more. I would never recommend this doctor.

July 11th, 2013
Dr Rainville spent all of 5 minutes with me and then diagnosed me without touching me, left it all up to his fellow, who was very nice. Told me I had degenerative disc disease and sent me on my way. Turns out I have nerve damage and lost A lot of strength on my left side. He might have picked up on this upon examination but that did not occur. It is hard to believe that this man is a respected doctor and that New England baptist keeps him employed. Do not bother!