A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Raphael:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Raphael is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Raphael
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Raphael Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Raphael, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Education & Awards
Dr. Raphael graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Raphael has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Raphael MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. James Raphael practice?
- Dr. James Raphael has 1 office location.
Dr. James Raphael practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons and Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons.