inactive

James F Reibel MD Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 5 reviews

October 16th, 2016
I was transferred to UVA after a car accident. My face was split and crushed and my jaw was broken and ripped from my skull. My eyeball was out of the socket but was in-tact.Dr Reibel performed the surgery and I had no plastic surgery afterwards.Most of the bones in my face were crushed and were replaced with metal plates.I was told that I would be blind and can see. I have been called a miracle...He is an amazing Doctor!

August 21st, 2013
I thought Dr. Reibel was an extraordinary doctor. Patient, smart,connecting and cured my problem!

February 19th, 2013
cold as ice
was refer by another doctor after my CAT scan show cancer of the tongue. My dr. recommended UVMC and I was to see a Dr. Reibel as a new patience. My written records was sent but not the CD;s. Upon enter the room he wanted to know why we were there. I explain to him that we had seen another doctor and he refer us. I gave him information on what has been going on and what the other doctor had told us. He said he will make his own opinion, he didnt want the other doctors info. He ask why we took this long to come to see him. We explained but he did not reply. He proceed to do a throat examine and without given her warning he sticks some medication up her nose and then went down her throat, this was painful. He had no compassion or showed any. She did have her operation and I believe he did a good job, but time will tell.

January 11th, 2011
Dr Reibel is a AMAZING Doctor, He saved my life
Ther is nothing I would change about Dr Reibel. I trust him with my life four 3 tears now.

December 24th, 2010
Would not suggest wasting your time go here.
This dr. had already formed his diagnosis before he even walked in the room. Did not even want to be open minded to my problem. Had read previous dr. diagnosis and agreed with them. Would not even consider my other health problems. Have not encountered an ENT specialist yet that has a personality or even a decent bedside manner.

August 18th, 2010
excellent doctor
Dr Reibel is truly a patient's doctor....rare any more. He listens and discusses concerns and gives clear information about treatments. His work is professional and he shows caring about his patient's welfare. One of my favorite all time doctors.

July 27th, 2010
Avoid Reibel if you are a woman
He came in, more or less grabbed me by the neck with no discussion or explanation, squeezed blocked gland until I cried out. Told me "Women don't want the surgery to remove that. It will leave a scar on your neck. Women don't want that." When I said I'd rather have the mass out of my neck and wouldn't mind the scar, he said, "That's what you say now, but every woman is upset later." He spent about 2 minutes with me. I have reported him to UVA, to their accreditation, JointCommission and also to the VA State Medical Board. His resident has learned all his hostile, argumentative and demeaning ways. I'll report him separately to the ABIM or whichever board gives accreditation to ENT.I also told UVA I want my co-pay back.AVOID HIM.