Dr. R Renfro Jr MD Patient Reviews

December 4th, 2013
My experience with Dr Renfro was top notch. Was diagnosed with arthritic hip and was recommended a replacement. He took extra time in surgery to make sure I was fixed correctly. After the surgery I was treated with professional care. Dr Renfro was recommended by more than one person so I felt comfortable with him right away. Can't understand any negative review. Some people are not satisfied with anything, and complain about things they don't understand. Great doctor. Didn't sugar coat things. Was very candid and professional. Thank you for giving me my quality of life back. Way to go doc!

June 14th, 2012
Shoulder Patient
My overall experience with Dr. Renfro was fantastic. Without a doubt one of the two best doctors I have had treat me. I have been treated well by everyone at his office and I'm seen very quickly every time I have an appointment. I have sent several of my friends to see Dr. Renfro and all have been very satisfied.

June 6th, 2012
What is a good doctor?
When I went to Dr. Renfro, I had had a serious accident, and was out of town. I was told that I needed a follow up in a week because my ligaments were torn and may be in need of surgery. I made an appointment to see Dr. Renfro and was very dissatisfied as none of the concerns were addressed. He didn't take x-rays, touch my injury, hardly looked at me, and was very unsympathetic. He told me to do exercises which I learned would have been damaging to my recovery process. He told me to begin physical therapy immediately as well. Next appointment---three weeks later. Dr. Renfro appeared extremely anxious to leave examining room. I didn't feel comfortable and scheduled an appointment with another ortho-surgeon. TOTALLY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE!!!! He took x-rays, spoke sincerely and was concerned about my accident and injuries. He then made orders for therapists to put me in a custom-made splint, and said he would like to see me in a week for follow up. I am to be in splint at all times.I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy if I had any. I have never felt so neglected, uncared for or uncertain leaving a doctor's office. Thanks for the opportunity of letting the public leave these comments. I certainly appreciate it.

October 12th, 2010
Would refer everyone to him!! Wonderful doctor!!

January 9th, 2010
dr renfro has been very kind, good for treatment for my knee pain. He is very good about trying injections and other things before jumping into surgery for knee replacement (which at my age I appreciate). I would recommend him.

January 7th, 2010
Be very careful with choosing this doctor
I went to Dr Renfro's office 2 months after a minor accident that I had in home. He was referred to me by the doctor in emergency room. I stepped on a sharp piece of wood and the wood broke in my foot. After 2 months my foot was still painful and swollen. Dr Renfro talked to me for less than one minute, did not even touch my foot and told me that I am growing a bunion and that is the reason for my pain!!! I have absolutely no sign of bunions in my both feet! After tolerating the pain for another 3 more months I went to Vanderbilt medical center and the doctor did a minor surgery on my foot and told me that I had 4 pieces of broken wood in my foot. My problem was finally solved with a minor surgery. I will be very careful with James Renfro.... a physician who does not understand the difference between an injury with a sharp object and a bunion growth is probably not that knowledgeable about other problems....I won't trust him with my children, parents or loved ones....Be very careful....

May 11th, 2009
Attorney
Dr. Renfro provided me excellent assistance, diagnosis and care of my damaged knee; all any patient could ever expect.