Dr. James Rester MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 24th, 2015
Very Good Internal Medicine Doctor
My family and I have been going to Dr. Rester for the last 15 years. Because of insurance changing, there was a time I had to go to someone else. I developed asthma and for two years the other Dr. never caught it. Dr. Rester found it immediately on my first visit back and I wasn't even seeing him for that problem. He is really knowledgeable and takes a lot of time with each patient. He listens to you and does his best to find the cause behind bad ailments like my a-fib. He is always very thorough. He is very personable, too. I hope to keep him as my doctor for a very long time.

July 10th, 2015
Knowledgeable
I recently had my first appointment at this clinic. The front office ladies were very friendly and knowledgeable when it came to explaining my insurance benefits. The wait was a little long but once it was time for me to see the doctor it was well worth the wait. Dr. Rester is a very thorough doctor and explained and answered all my questions. His nurses were very attentive and friendly. I would recommend this doctor to my friends and family.

July 1st, 2015
Go somewhere else
Worst doctor experience I have ever seen. Too many issues to list, but misrepresenting my reason for visit and improperly submitting my insurance claim, then refusing to correct it was inexcusable.

May 12th, 2015
Love Dr. Rester!!! His office staff, not ao much. Except Janice, she is always helpful.

March 18th, 2015
Front office staff abhorrent.
Front office staff rude and non-compliant with insurance requirements. Front office staff un-helpful in obtaining medical testing results and referrals.

November 15th, 2012
My family started seeing Dr. Rester in Rowlett about 16 years ago. Thought we would try someone else (local) when Dr. Rester moved to Royse City. My husband and I both went to other Drs. We found out just how spoiled we were with Dr. Rester and now make the drive to Royse city for all of our medical needs. Dr. Rester listens! How refreshing. Even when you just mention something in passing, he is already thinking about the next step to get you figured out. My husband and I appreciate that you never feel rushed along in the process. I am so thankful for his knowledge and patience.

July 23rd, 2012
Good enough to make 200 mile round trip for an appointment
Right before we left the area, we started seeing Dr. Rester. We were so impressed with him that we are keeping him as our Doc. Not only is it time consuming but gas is going up yet again. I point this out merely to let you know that Dr. Rester is just that GOOD. As well his staff is kind friendly and professional. We have been blessed