A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Riviello:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Riviello is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Riviello, MD is board certified in Pediatrics, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Absence Epilepsy
- Brain Disorder
- Developmental Disorders
- Frontal Lobe Epilepsy
- Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Seizure Disorders
- Status Epilepticus
- Tonic-Clonic Epilepsy
Education & Awards
Dr. Riviello graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Riviello has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Riviello accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 15 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James J. Riviello practice?
Dr. James Riviello practices Pediatrics, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY and Boston, MA.
See Houston Pediatricians and Houston Neurologists.