A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Riviello:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Riviello is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Riviello, MD is board certified in Pediatrics, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Absence Epilepsy
- Brain Disorder
- Developmental Disorders
- Frontal Lobe Epilepsy
- Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Seizure Disorders
- Status Epilepticus
- Tonic-Clonic Epilepsy
Education & Awards
Dr. Riviello graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Riviello has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Ben Taub General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Riviello accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 15 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James J. Riviello practice?
Dr. James Riviello practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Nephrology, Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY and Boston, MA.
See Houston Pediatricians, Houston Pediatric Specialists, and Houston Neurologists.