Dr. James Ronaldson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Ronaldson?

March 29th, 2017

Exceptionally caring cardiologist - one of the family!

I moved to Brevard County a few years ago from Tennessee. I have a Bjork-Shiley artificial valve and I started the task of finding a local cardiologist who was familiar with this type of valve and I found Dr. Ronaldson. He was/is straight forward and tells it like it is. He is caring and goes way beyond the boundaries. My valve is 37 years old, but it keeps on ticking and doing its job. I went to Dr. Ronaldson worried about my valve and asking whether or not I should have it replaced. He was very quick to tell me no and we'd cross that bridge if we ever came to it. Thank you Dr. Ronaldson for everything you do for me. I had my cardiologist in Tennessee for 30+years and developed a huge amount of trust in him. I've had you now for two years and I trust you with my life.

December 12th, 2015

THIS IS THE WORSE DOCTOR EVER!

This horrific Dr. was all I could choose from since I was a patient at Brevard Health Alliance. I had been having serious bouts of tachycardia to the point of almost passing out and had to wait months and months to be properly registered to see him. Had to be there for my appointment at like 7 am even though I waited until like noon to be seen. Nurses had no idea had to use the prehistoric EKG machine. Dr. Ronaldson came in the room and did not go over any tests that my primary had ordered (echo) etc. He did go over a 24 event monitor which did have several episodes that it went over 100 and I had to explain that I did nothing but lay around that day. He chalked up all my episodes to anxiety. Even though I was having them mainly while I was taking a bath, my heart was going up to 180-200bpm. He rushed out of the room without considering that I knew I was not anxious. He did not see a reason to follow up with me. Now several years later, now that I have medical insurance, I have a cardiologist and an electrophysiologist and I am being examined for POTS or Innapropriate Sinus Tachycardia. I have had several tests run and need medication. I will probably end up needing an ablation. I had to go years while my condition worsened to the point of barely being able to climb stairs or being able to do other things around the house that should not bother someone who does not have a heart condition. The only thing this Dr. told me was he was happy I was into yoga. I found his incompitance was to a whole new level. I was appalled that I had NO choices because I had no insurance. Here I was in my early twenties fighting to get disability, just for the insurance because I had no options and I knew I needed to see a doctor; a doctor that was willing to listen and take my condition seriously. I feel horrible for those who had to see this doctor as well, and encourage them to get a second opinion.

December 29th, 2014

Dr Ronaldson was very courteous and explained things very good, my husband really like him .will definintely be his patient.

January 27th, 2012

Dump Him

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Ronaldson. He is terse and a bit arrogant. He pressured me to agree to doing an exploratory procedure. I sought out a second opinion and found out the procedure was not necessary at this time. He's a bit quick on the trigger.

July 18th, 2011

Worst doctor I have ever dealt with!

Where to begin...I was 39 at the time of treatment and I have MS and was having a relapse along with a low heart rate problem. This doctor saw me for 5 minutes and said I had to have a pacemaker inserted. I asked if my condition could be associated with my MS relapse and might go away, he said no I had to get the pacemaker. Once a pacemaker is inserted you can no longer have MRIs performed which is the only tool available to track MS progression. I agreed to the operation, my husband and parents waited during the procedure which was supposed to take under an hour three hours of waiting they asked if I was okay. The nurse said it was over I was fine hadn't the Doc talked to them? He never came to tell them anything. I never saw him in the hospital, he came to do my release exam while I was down in x-ray where I had just passed out. When I got back to my room I was told he had released me but the man had never even seen me again after the O.R. In the week after the procedure at home I felt terrible and thought something may be wrong, when calling his office he would not have me come in for a visit. It took a trip to my primary doctor and a phone call from him telling Ronaldson to see me to get back in. When I saw him, he was cold, detached and acted like I was a bother. Then basically told me it was all in my head. A year later I moved to Washington state, still feeling something was wrong I went to have the pacemaker checked only to discover it was malfunctiong and had the chambers of my heart beating against each other. The doctor in Washington asked why I had it, who put it because it wasn't even positioned on my body correctly. He turned the pacemaker off and monitored me for 6 months, then removed it all together. He stated that my heart rate was being effected by my MS and I should have never even had one. I still suffer a low heart rate at times but I am monitored by doctors. Ronaldson's only concern was a quick buck doing my procedure. The doctor in Washington also tried to correct the horrible scar Ronaldson left and managed to make it a little better, but to really fix it would require cosmetic surgery. People tell me all the time I should have sued him but I didn't want the added stress in my life. You do not want to visit this doctor!

October 6th, 2017