A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Rooney is Excellent. Dr. Rooney has been reviewed by 7 patients who have provided 3 comments. The rating is 3.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Rooney, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Rooney graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rooney has 3 hospital affiliations:
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- Kenner Regional Medical Center
- Childrens Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rooney accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 5 plans
- Humana - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. James Rooney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James M. Rooney practice?
Dr. James Rooney practices Internal Medicine near Metairie, LA.
See Metairie Internists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Diego Rooney, Dr. Jaime Rooney, Dr. Santiago Rooney, Dr. Jacques Rooney