Dr. James Rotolo MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Brick, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

February 18th, 2014
I have great confidence in Dr Rotolo. This is something he has earned through the years and is very important in a Doctor patient relationship. I have recommended him several times and will continue to do so. we had a problem when we had to switch insurance carriers and had to seek another Dr and could not afford to pay out of pocket, but we will return to his care as soon as he can accept our insurance or we switch back to our previous carrier. this however has nothing to do with him being a very good urologist and will continue to recommend him

June 25th, 2013
Very positive experience. He took the time to explain things and I was NOT rushed for a bit (which is highly unusual in today's world of healthcare). HE even popped in to apologize for the slight delay (maybe 10-15 minute delay) while I was waiting. I was referred to him by family and I would refer him to anyone and see him again - even if he is out of my insurance plan! I cannot say enough positive things about the practice and Dr. Rotolo and HIGHLY recommend him.

August 12th, 2011
Find A Different Urologist
Dr Rotolo should get off his high horse and pay more attention to his patients. He treated my father's bladder cancer with anti-biotics because he was not thorough enough to pull out his cystoscope and give a proper examination. At that time removing the bladder and prostate was the only option....but too late...the cancer has now spread to his entire body.

July 17th, 2009
Failure to Diagnose
Thumbs down, way down on Rotolo. My father was under care of this doctor for 12 years. My father now has late stage kidney cancer. It didn't have to happen.Dad had all the classic symptoms of kidney disease for over 16 months. We know this only in hindsight. You would think that this board certified doctor would have figured this out, but he didn't. Dr. Rotolo failed to do any tests that would have sourced the problem. Instead he kept saying everything was fine and was treating only symptoms with antibiotics. NEVER bothered to check the kidneys. When my father's condition got worse Rotolo finally did an ultrasound and there it was, a large tumor on Dad's kidney. Later Rotolo had the audacity to say if he had 100 cases like my father's he would have done the same thing. Then he's a 100% failure in our opinion. Needs to lose his license or worse. Right now, we're focused on getting Dad the right treatments but his prognosis is poor. Later we'll figure out whether or not to pursue this loser, arrogant excuse for a doctor.

May 5th, 2009
Fantastic Doc
He spends as much time as is needed to make you feel comfortable and understand the issues. He's ex-Navy doctor with a lot of experience. He stays abreast of latest technology. He's very well respected by hospital staff.

November 20th, 2008
Monica M.
my comments are from my experience a in 1997 through 1999. I can tell you I held High Regard for Dr. Rotollo. Very caring, until I suffered trauma in surgery to my kidney. However it was the follow up care after that I really feel compelled to comment on. I kept complaining of pain after the trauma suffered during surgery in 1998. after numerous tests and nothing showing up and me being in Sever/Chronic - he finally told me it it wasn't my kidney causing the pain and he said he could no long do anything for me. Two years later still suffering CHRONIC pain, I finally found a doctor in NY that told me there was something very wrong - half of my kidney was rotting away.. I lost half of my kidney then a year later lost the rest of the kidney. The only thing I can say is how dissappointed I was going to Dr. Rotollo seeking help and him telling me there was nothing wrong and that there was nothing more he could do for me. Had I not continued to see doctors and complain that there was something wrong - I don't know how long I would have suffered and lived in the pain that I was in.

April 30th, 2017