Dr. James Roukema DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Soldotna, AK

3.4

April 29th, 2016
Hysterectomy
From speaking to others about a full hysterectomy I believe mind went very well. I had absolutely zero blood in the 6 weeks post op. I am thrilled with his work. Thank you. And his assistant was outstanding and friendly.

April 28th, 2016
Amazing
Dr. Roukema is a great listener! He listened to all my concerns and addressed each and everyone of them. He was very kind and explained everything in detail and answered every question I had. He spent the right amount of time with each appointment and he really does care about his patients, he always asked me about life and family. I highly recommend Dr. Roukema if you want someone who cares and is a brilliant man in his field! I want to thank him for helping me become pain free and getting me to where I can enjoy life again with no worries!

April 19th, 2016
Front office staff is very RUDE, inappropriate, and plainly unprofessional. I love that Dr. Roukema is my doctor, but I hate having to go to an appointment because of the rude reception. I hope this changes soon! I have daughters that see Dr. Roukema and another doctor at this same location that have gone through the same grief!

January 14th, 2016
Excellent
For being so young only 18 at the time I was very nervous about going into a Gyno office. His receptionist was very friendly as soon as I walked into the building. Everyone was nicely dressed and had a smile on. When they called my name back my heart began to pound being!. When dr. Roukema finally came in he was friendly and introduced himself. he didn't make me feel like I was just another number walking into the office. He took the time to listen to my problems. We discussed options and he went into detail about each one of them. I would HIGHLY recommend seeing Dr. Roukema as your OBGYN. Great atmosphere!

November 25th, 2015
With MUCH regret...
My husband and I paid him to circumcise my son after he was born. Didn't know he had a cast on his hand at the time, yet he continued on with the procedure and did a horrible job. My son will need an additional procedure to fix his low quality work. Very unpleasant.

October 16th, 2015
The worst expericence I have ever had!
Dr Roukema saw me one time only. I did not have insurance and needed to see a OB/GYN after 2 years of not having a yearly check up. I also suffer from IC (interstitial cystitis) Roukema's office agreed to see me and treat the IC and give me a yearly. I waited 30+ min to be seen and when I went back to the exam room the DR. was rude stating that it was my fault that I had IC and ovarian cysts. He then told me that I Must stop going to my urologist for treatment of IC immediately and use only his clinic for treatment. (turns out only Dr. Weaver and him offer DSMO in Pueblo) This was purely a competition thing. Next he continued to tell me that I would not end up marrying my fiancé because I would not be able to perform in the bedroom! What a (you know what)! Who did he think he was! The exam was rough and painful. Never had I experienced that before. I was sobbing by the time I got dressed and told the check out clerk that I wanted to wait to schedule another appointment. She refused based on the fact I needed treatment for IC. She scheduled me for DSMO treatments once a week. I refused to keep the appointment so about a week later I received a letter in the mail that they would never see me at this clinic again! I was never going to go back to the clinic anyway, but the extra step they took to humiliate me was unbelievable! Do NOT go here if you are a woman who has any self respect! This Doctor should lose his license!!!

August 7th, 2015
Saved me from more years of pain
Before I saw him I have seen nine other doctors and none of them wanted to help me. Dr. Roukema was the first one to diagnose me correctly. I moved away and the new Dr that I was seeing didn't want to do any new procedures. For the last 17 years I've had endometriosis PCOS fibroid tumors sis and cancer. The new Dr didn't want to help birth control was my best option according to them . I've had 23 tumors removed and I've had two ablation surgeries. I've had 2 rounds of treatment & nothing has helped. Dr. Roukema was on board for my hysterectomy. He saved me from more years of issues & pain. I thank god everyday for him coming into my life. He lives two hours away in a smaller city then where I live and I trust him more than all the obgyn here in Denver.

April 27th, 2015
My experience with the doctor was excellent. He is very knowledgeable and answered all questions

April 19th, 2015
Very Rude
His practice is to busy go in he gets to the point I am trying to explain what is going on after he did my surgery tore off the starry strip without healing better told about high fevers just ignored that he was to busy typing on his tablet and not paying attention brushed me off to another doctor.Terrible practice will never go there again.

March 17th, 2015
He is a great surgeon but his bedside. Manner and he has to many patients you always feel rushed and he never fully under ss tand what goes on.

February 18th, 2015
Medicaid patients beware
Roukema was very rude and very judgmental on getting a second opinion too make sure my child was healthy. I had an NT scan that showed different from my other by a lot so at my appointment with him I asked various questions. He came back into the room with an attitude because I have Medicaid and was rude and told me that I wasted tax payers money. I simply got a second opinion because doctors make mistakes and everyone should always get a second opinion when it's something that really bothers them. I feel he is a nice man at times but very judgmental if you have Medicaid.

December 28th, 2014
I highly recommend Dr. Roukema. You will receive them best care in Pueblo.