A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ruben:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ruben is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ruben
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Ruben Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ruben, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ruben graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Ruben has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Sacramento
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James B Ruben MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James B. Ruben practice?
- Dr. James Ruben has 1 office location.
Dr. James Ruben practices Ophthalmology near Sacramento, CA.
See Sacramento Ophthalmologists.