Dr. James Ruben MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 15th, 2015
Worst Doctor.
He was very very mean and rude to us and just because we parents had eyesight he assumed my son did too. He was very ill-mannered and did not treat us well. I wasn't too satisfied and too a second and third opinion for my son and it turns out he does not have eyesight yet. But Dr.Ruben said he has a -3. We were shocked and were trying to grasp the situation when he told us we should be happy that he didn't see a tumor in the eye which is a huge plus. Is that how a doctor treats a child? We were treated very poorly and he asked us what we did for a living and we said "Engineers" and he was proudly talking that we don't understand medical science at all. I hated him and literally cried after coming out. I read in his profile that one of his kid has had issues since an early age with eyes and he did mention to us as well so I expected some sympathy and kindness and he does not possess that. The worst doctor experience I ever ever had.

February 15th, 2014
He fixed our son's strabismus
We had been seeing Dr. Ruben since last 4-5 years for our son's exotropia. He recommended surgery, but also said that he can't promise that the results will be accurate. He may slightly get over-corrected. We were not too sure whether surgery was the right decision because of this. And there were no reviews available too. But last year in June, before he turned 11 we decided to go ahead. That was the best decision we made for my son. Dr. Ruben has changed his life. Nobody can tell he once had strabismus. I would suggest anyone considering a strabismus surgery to go ahead with it. I would trust Dr. Ruben completely. I hope this review helps those who are not sure like us.

November 13th, 2015