Dr. James Rubenstein MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

June 30th, 2016
Extremely condescending. Advised us not to have any more children because we have a child with autism. We did not ask his opinion.

April 16th, 2015
Will not be doing follow up with this doctor.

March 13th, 2015
Very Dissapointed
The office staff was very nice and helpful. My child had an autism group evaluation done. The OT and social workers were phenomenal, the speech pathologists were average but friendly. It appeared that they were very scripted. Dr. Rubenstein barely spent time evaluating my child himself and made comments that made me very uncomfortable that had nothing to do with why we were there. After he met with me and my child, it appeared that he recognized that my son needed further evaluation after service implementations because he is two. However, he read an EMAIL from the speech pathologists and decided to diagnose him as being on the spectrum. Granted the diagnosis will get my son services and he will make strides much quicker than without one, but I am uncomfortable with handing out a diagnosis like candy. The wait to see the doctor took over an hour and he seemed rushed. Needless to say we will do follow-up elsewhere since he thought that my son should get MRI EEG metabolic and genetic testing because he had a big head (both me and my husband do) and for no other reason. He also recommended OT because he has "floppy arms" and again, for no other reason. Furthermore, we are still waiting for his report even though it has been 30 days and we already have the other reports from the team.

September 5th, 2014
Like Not Having a Doctor At All
First of all, Dr. Rubenstein is a Neurologist, who specializes in pediatric neurology. He is not a pediatrician. At our first appointment, we waited over an hour for our appointment. His report to us was weeks late and full of incorrect information and medical jargon. Months later, the report has still not been revised as requested. Due to family medical history, it was very important for us to have an EEG as soon as possible. This was a battle to schedule and when we were rescheduled due to a cancellation, nobody knew we were coming. Our EEG didn't work out due to our son's sleep issues, and we have been trying for months to get Dr. Rubenstein to advise us on the next steps to try to get an EEG done. We have had to call and bug his office twice a week to get a response. Eventually, we gave up and started looking for a new neurologist.

July 9th, 2012
Dr R is a wonderfully caring doctor. He is extremely cautious and thorough . I pray he never retires.

August 11th, 2016