A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ruppel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ruppel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ruppel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ruppel graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Ruppel has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Osf Holy Family Medical Center
- Methodist Medical Center Of Illinois
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ruppel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 24 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Humana - 16 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 9 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James R. Ruppel practice?
Dr. James Ruppel practices Ophthalmology near Galesburg, IL.
See Galesburg Ophthalmologists.