inactive

• Family Medicine Anoka, MN

3.9

November 22nd, 2013
Horrible Doctor Dr. James Rusin Anoka Riverway
I had severe pain, ultimately having emergency spinal surgery after seeing another MD. I waited 3 and a half hours to see Dr. Rusin. I came into my clinic in severe pain. My primary MD was not in the clinic that day .Dr. Rusin entered my exam room and one of the first things he said was"you are drug seeking and I am not risking my license on you" I had never seen him before. I asked him to look in my chart, I had been a patient there for 30 years and had never asked for pain medication before. My daughter was with me and I was embarrassed. During the rest of the visit he cut me off every time I tried to speak. I requested a copy of his note and he did not document my symptoms correctly, or my history. Omitting weakness in my arm, numbness of my fingers, poor range of motion. He actually documented the opposite, when I had pointed these symptoms out to him. He said my only treatment I seeked was narcotics. I asked for an MRI. He told me I had carpel tunnel. I showed him my scares, I had a repair years ago. I told him this was not muscle pain, it was severe. He was awful. I may have long term disability in my left arm. If I would have had faster treatment I may not have had this disability. I am seriously considering a law suit. There is no option for no stars so I will have to check one.

October 7th, 2013
Dr. Rusin~ terrible doctor!!
I made an apt with Dr. Rusin bec my primary care was not in the office today. I had a back injury last Thursday and I was in pain. I had not received any pain medicine before. I wasn't sleeping and needed something. He came into the room and asked me what I needed. He told me he wasn't risking his license giving me pain medicine. He lectured me about getting this injury. He offered me a cortisone shot. I didn't think this was appropriate for a 3 day old injury. He wouldn't let me talk he kept cutting me off. He was very rude. Then before I left he gave me a script for 20 vicodin. Go figure..After accusing me of drug seeking. He embarrassed me in front of my daughter and a nasty person like this should not be practicing. He did try to tell me I had carpel tunnel. When I explained my hand was numb from this back injury. I showed him my scars where I had bilateral carpel tunnel release, Terrible experience.

September 21st, 2009
awesome lstener and great job everytime i go see him