Dr. James Cochran MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2016
I will be a patient of Dr. Cochran until he retire. Give him a bucket of stars. Been with him nearly 10 years.

June 27th, 2016
I would give him a hundred stars if i could.

December 3rd, 2015
Very friendly and speaks in laymen terms so you completely understand what's going on

October 28th, 2015
changing doctors
I'm changing doctors because I had to call several times to get the results of a CAT scan done a week earlier. Was told by his very rude nurse that there was a state law that I had to see him every year so I had to make an appointment to see him if I wanted the results???? I'm also left on hold for long periods of time when I call.

March 20th, 2015
Dr. Cochran is a horrible doctor with an ugly personality.

December 11th, 2014
Staff is extremely rude, cursing in Spanish to patients in the waiting room, changing appointment times without notifying the patient, and refusing to give messages to Dr Cochran. Dr. Cochran also scheduled the same xrays twice for consecutive days, could not get insurance approval for ct scan, probably because he already booked and billed the xrays twice. Missed the kidney stone that was obvious on the first set of xrays, which delayed surgery about 2 weeks. He was not on call the weekend of my hospital stay, and his staff failed to inform him that I was still in the hospital, waiting to be released on a Monday. Had to get hospital administrator involved to get Dr Cochran over to the hospital to process discharge papers. Follow up visit was also a nightmare. He told us he would put it on the schedule, and we would not have to do anything, but show up. After previous experience with his staff, we called to confirm. Head nurse was again extremely rude, and told us that we did not have an appointment, and it didn't matter if we showed up or not, we would not see the doctor. If I wasn't almost finished with this episode, I would certainly NEVER go back. Had to go thru emergency after hours answering service to get a message to Dr. Cochran to confirm the appointment.

December 7th, 2013
Dr Cochran has not only extended my life but enhanced the quality of life. I trust him completely and would never want any other urologists.

August 15th, 2013
The Best of the Best!
I am a 57 year old female. I came to see Dr. Cochran because I had what turned out it was a very large kidney stone that had to be surgically removed. He performed several tests to determine that the kidney was worth saving. Explained my options, and what if scenarios. Dr. Cochran was very honest & up front about what to expect. He removed the stone 2 weeks ago and got it all. Was in hospital for only 8 days and found his bedside manner to be exceptional as is his office manners. I always got a warm welcome & a hug. He does have a bit of sarcasm but so do I so we hit it off! His office staff is top of the line as well & it was quite obvious they love working with him. His office is very well equipped so I didn’t have to do a lot of running around for tests & x-rays. Will recommend him to everybody!

April 1st, 2012
DON'T GO TO DR. JAMES COCHRAN AT UROLOGY CLINICS!
I had all my records transferred to another urologist. Saw Dr. Cochran for 6 months and no resolution for my bladder problems. He's the most awful doctor I have ever been to!

October 8th, 2011
Avoid Cochran!
Horrible and insensitive bedside manner, agitated and sarcastic when we dared to ask questions about his recommended treatment.

August 27th, 2010
Excellent healthcare provider
Dr. Cochren has been my physician for 15 years! Ive had bladder cancer 6 times and several other incidents involving cancer. Each time he has managed to cure me and give me a much longer life. My family and I are forever thankful. He's aggressive and everything he does in intentional. Best doctor I know.

June 1st, 2017