A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ellis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ellis is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ellis graduated from University of North Texas, Fort Worth.
Dr. Ellis has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ellis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James S. Ellis practice?
Dr. James Ellis practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Dallas, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Waxahachie, TX.
See Dallas Orthopedic Surgeons.