Dr. James Keene MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 10th, 2015
He performed surgery on my left hip to coreect a labral tear- I contracted MERSA and it disentegrated my hip joint. After 8 months of follow ups and reporting that I still had serious pain my concerns were brushed off- I went into the ER because I could not walk- they gave me an X-Ray that showed 90% bone density loss- I was rushed into emergency hip replacement surgery. It has been a year and I have finally fully recovered- however due to severe lack of follow-up I lost a huge portion of my hip bone and everything had to be reconstructed- this was before I turned 30.

January 13th, 2011
I recently saw Dr. James Keene for my left hip. After years of injections and no relief I was referred to this Doctor. He did several tests and pinpointed my Labral tear and now I will be scheduling surgery with him. He returns phone calls and explains things in detail with me. I know I will be in good hands with Dr. Keene and I am very grateful to have him for my surgeon. He is very pleasent and has a wonderful sense of humor. I am sure my surgery will go well.

October 24th, 2009
Dr. Keene recently performed arthroscopic surgery on a labral tear in my hip. I was fortunately referred to him for my problem because he is one of only a handful of doctors in the state that perform arthroscopic surgery on the hip. My experience was wonderful and though I'm still recouperating, I know the surgery was successful and the pain is gone. All my appointments were positive and Dr. Keene and his staff explained everything in detail also giving me chances to ask questions if I had them. The whole procedure was explained before I went into surgery, including what to expect after, so I was very comfortable going into it. Dr. Keene truly cared about my comfort and concerns and I felt confident going into the procedure that I was in wonderful skilled hands. On my post-surgical appointment, he explained the detail of the operation in pictures taken during the procedure. I could see the before and after of removing the tear which was interesting and informative. I would highly recommend him to anyone.