A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Lewis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Lewis, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lewis
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Lewis Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Lewis, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Lewis graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Lewis has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Holy Redeemer Health System
- Wills Eye Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James S Lewis MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James S. Lewis practice?
- Dr. James Lewis has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Lewis practices Ophthalmology near Elkins Park, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Phoenixville, PA.
See Elkins Park Ophthalmologists.