A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Lewis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Lewis, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lewis
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Lewis Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Lewis, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Lewis graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Lewis has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Holy Redeemer Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James S Lewis MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James S. Lewis practice?
- Dr. James Lewis has 6 office locations.
Dr. James Lewis practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Phoenixville, PA and King Of Prussia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.