A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Lewis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Lewis, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Lewis, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Lewis graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Lewis has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Holy Redeemer Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lewis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James S. Lewis practice?
Dr. James Lewis practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Phoenixville, PA and Elkins Park, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.