A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Louie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Louie is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Louie
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Louie Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Osteoarthritis of the Knee
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Louie, MD is board certified in Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Infectious Arthritis (septic arthritis)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Spine Inflammation (Spondylarthropathies)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Louie graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Louie has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Sam Louie MD is a male Rheumatologist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. James S. Louie practice?
- Dr. James Louie has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Louie practices Rheumatology near Los Angeles, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Sylmar, CA.
See Los Angeles Rheumatologists.