A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Louie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Louie, MD is board certified in Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Infectious Arthritis (septic arthritis)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Spine Inflammation (Spondylarthropathies)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Louie graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Louie has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Louie accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Cigna - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James S. Louie practice?
Dr. James Louie practices Rheumatology near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Rheumatologists.