A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Scott:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Scott is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Scott
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Scott Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Scott, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Morbid Obesity
- Weight Loss
Education & Awards
Dr. Scott graduated from University of Missouri at Columbia.
Dr. Scott has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Des Peres Hospital
- St Joseph Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Stephen Scott MD is a male Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James S. Scott practice?
- Dr. James Scott has 1 office location.
Dr. James Scott practices Surgery near Saint Louis, MO.
See Saint Louis Surgeons.