Dr. James Shafer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Shafer?

April 13th, 2017

After waiting for months for my health insurance to go through, I had an anticlimactic ending to my torn ligament in my knee issue with Shafer. He wasn't cooperative and did not offer much of an opinion. The fee for the appointment was even so high that the lack of any results from the consultation, if you can even call it that, seems ridiculous.

September 9th, 2016

Knee replacement

Dr Shafer is the most caring Doctor. He cares if his patients are in pain. His personality is and bedside manner is so awsome, I look for things wrong with me just so I can see him.

June 29th, 2016

Still in pain

The Dr. and staff are nice enough but unorganized. I came in for pain in my hands. The receptionist was nice but very overwelmed. The girl who called me to the room kept asking me questions on my information when it was right in front of her, it was like she didn't want to read.I waited over 2 hours for him to give me 5 minutes of his time to tell me he can't do anything for me. I left still in pain and very irritated.

September 29th, 2015

He has replaced both of my hips and both knees! Love that man! I am pain-free because of his skill and talent.

September 10th, 2015

This doctor always finds a way to work you in right away when you call with an urgent problem. Unfailingly pleasant and patient with his clients.

September 10th, 2015

Because of Dr. Shafer's expertise, I traveled from the Central Valley (Clovis, CA) for both of my knee replacements. Both were very good experiences and I would hightly recommend him.

April 25th, 2014

Horrible patient care and follow up

The staff is rude and unprofessional. They are incompetent and do not follow up on their commitments and or basic job duties. Waited over 2 weeks for an authorization from insurance that when I called they informed me takes no longer then 24 hours. Horrible experience choose another orthopedic in the area.

August 10th, 2012

Great Dr. Went in for an ankle fracture. Had X-rays, was diagnosed and wrapped in 20 minutes. Great service.

June 4th, 2012

Not sure

Nice enough of a gentleman. I don't feel he took the time to really listen to me and the problem with my knee. He was too quick to dismiss me when I explained I still have the same issues after the operation. Preventative measure were taken but the actual problem was not addressed. Now he just says he doesn't know. I'm very disappointed.

August 13th, 2011

Not recommended

Had ACL replacement a year ago and received no after-care except oxycontin. No ice machine, no therapy. I called at 11am and asked to speak to the nurse on the Friday after my surgery. Never heard back, called at 5 and they were gone for the week-end. Went on Monday and they said, oh it should have been drained, but it's too late now...Do NOT recommend this doctor. Going to a new dr to have it re-done.

July 29th, 2009

Disorganized Office, Indifferent Staff

Dr. Shafer had 3 office staff when I visited. Unfortunately they were disorganized (misplaced my paperwork on the first visit) and one staff member was actaully rude disagreeing with patients (when she couldn't locate paperwork) and dismissive. The lead staff person was professional but she had to compensate for everyone else.Dr. Shafer was "sweet" but very slow, had shakey hands (an orthopedic surgeon!), and tried to reuse the splints that had been appied in the emergency room rather than simpliy properly re-wrapping my broken digital finger. When removing the tape from my finger he said "this can be real tricky". His rewrap was so poor it did not hold up more than an hour. This kind soul belongs on a golf course, not in a practice that should be well run and with current best medical approaches. He seemed to struggle and certainly did not relay a sence of confidence. I will definiately seek another doctor and not return for a follow-up visit.

November 22nd, 2016